Auburn @ Kentucky Thursday Oct 15 6pm

508mikey

Why is this SEC game on a Thursday ? Is it because Kentucky basketball has its Big Blue Madness on Oct 16th ? Edit --- (That 6pm is central time)

Last edited:
Why is this SEC game on a Thursday ? Is it because Kentucky basketball has its Big Blue Madness on Oct 17th ?

Pretty sure it's been planned for quite a while now. Don't think it was in response to BBM. First time (ever?), UK plays Thursday night on Espn.

Does Malzahn survive a bowl-less season with a loss to Kentucky?

Pretty sure it's been planned for quite a while now. Don't think it was in response to BBM. First time (ever?), UK plays Thursday night on Espn.

Wrong. First HOME Thursday night game. They've played several through the years, but none at home.

I bet Auburn tanks this year and somehow ends up with Chip Kelly and immediately goes 12-0 next year.

What's everyone opinion on Tennessee vs Kentucky this year? I honestly think that game will come down to which quarterback plays better with Towles being the better passer but Dobbs being the better runner? Going to be an exciting game to watch none the less.

What's everyone opinion on Tennessee vs Kentucky this year? I honestly think that game will come down to which quarterback plays better with Towles being the better passer but Dobbs being the better runner? Going to be an exciting game to watch none the less.

I dunno about it just bring a QB duel. I think Tennessee has advantages all over the field. UK still lacks speed in a lot of places. We will probably sell out on defending the pass and see if they can run it on us.

I could see it being something like UT winning 48-44 in overtime with neither team being able to stop the other until overtime like in 2007 and 2009

I could see it being something like 48-44 in overtime with neither team being able to stop the other until overtime like in 2007 and 2009

I could see that happening. I honestly think it'll come down to our defense. Towles can throw the ball down deep which worries me cause our CB's struggled against Georgia's receivers pretty bad. Our defense will have to play great against UK if we want to win IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Tennessee wins, but not 50-16 style.

I could see that happening. I honestly think it'll come down to our defense. Towles can throw the ball down deep which worries me cause our CB's struggled against Georgia's receivers pretty bad. Our defense will have to play great against UK if we want to win IMO.

UGA's receivers are much faster/better than UK's.

This will be the game where KMac eats someone alive. I believe this will be his coming-out game. UK's OLine is bad enough for him to start dominating against.

Towles has the running ability, UK has just been much more hesitant letting him do it. Edge to Dobbs for sure though. He's definitely a better passer (still inconsistent) down the field. UK has plenty of weapons on offense. It all comes down to that OLine allowing us to make early plays and not making Towles face 3rd and longs all games. I like UKs defense against a team like UT (a running attack really challenging our front 7). I still would expect UT to win, but nothing like 50-16 barring another meltdown. Maybe something like 35-24 UT.

UGA's receivers are much faster/better than UK's.

That isn't true at all. You've not watched UK enough if you think that. Jeff Badet is as fast as anyone in the SEC. Garrett Johnson and Dorian Baker would start at almost any school in the conference. I've watched every SEC team and firmly believe this, and not just because I'm a UK fan.

Reactions: 2 people
As far as the UT-UK game, that's the only game I'm not confident in UK winning at all. I think it might be close but I don't see UK winning against Tennessee. I do think UK can finish 8-4 though.

Georgia?

I think that if we can top Auburn on Thursday, we will win 2, maybe 3 more. IIRC, I've only seen 9 wins three times in my lifetime- '77, '83, and '84.

As far as the UT-UK game, that's the only game I'm not confident in UK winning at all. I think it might be close but I don't see UK winning against Tennessee. I do think UK can finish 8-4 though.

VN Store

Back