Maryland to part ways with HC Randy Edsall

They can't let him coach out the year. He'll be gone after the OSU game

I wonder if they would look at Kiffin?

That crossed my mind, but Maryland is in the same division with Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State. That's a lot tougher job now then when Friedgen was there. Still think Kiffin ends up an OC in the NFL next season.

Reactions: 1 person
He's 2-3 right after getting an extension, where have I seen that? :)

Relax, it's tongue-in-cheek.

I always thought that the Edsall hire was a bad hire. I think Chip Kelly would be an interesting hire. He is a northeast guy. However, as he flounders in the NFL, his stock goes up in CFB. His name was tossed around as a replacement to Sark at USC this morning in USA Today.

Texas, USC, Maryland, and (insert your school here).

I always thought that the Edsall hire was a bad hire. I think Chip Kelly would be an interesting hire. He is a northeast guy. However, as he flounders in the NFL, his stock goes up in CFB. His name was tossed around as a replacement to Sark at USC this morning in USA Today.

Texas, USC, Maryland, and (insert your school here).

If he went to Texas, holy cow that would be scary. Chip Kelly, Art Briles, Patterson, Morris, and kingsbury all in the same state plus Sumlin. That's pretty impressive.

Love how everyone is quick to trash our offense just because we have a new OC that wasn't a popular choice among Vol fans, yet everyone seems to be completely overlooking the regression of our defense that makes them look like the 2012 Sal Sunseri experiment this season, just because they had a decent year last year with the same players. Newsflash, if our defense held up in ANY of the games we built big leads in, we'd be 5-0 and everyone would be fine with our offensive play calling. If you look at stats, our offense is well outperforming the defense after 5 games. SMH

Love how everyone is quick to trash our offense just because we have a new OC that wasn't a popular choice among Vol fans, yet everyone seems to be completely overlooking the regression of our defense that makes them look like the 2012 Sal Sunseri experiment this season, just because they had a decent year last year with the same players. Newsflash, if our defense held up in ANY of the games we built big leads in, we'd be 5-0 and everyone would be fine with our offensive play calling. If you look at stats, our offense is well outperforming the defense after 5 games. SMH

Do huh?

Sark, is that you?

Randy Edsall would be a good candidate for defensive coordinator if UT was looking to replace Jancek. He did a very good job at Georgia Tech from 1997-2000.

VN Store

Back