Charlie Strong HOT seat!

jimallvol

VolHawk
Does anyone think Strong will get the Axe if he loses to OU? I know that Butch is not lighting it up, but take a good look at TX. Their situation reminds me a lot of what we went through after firing Fulmer. It's not looking good at all, and everyone knows when the top program boosters are not happy, there's going to be some changes. There's been a lot of talk about some of the TX players on twitter and Facebook talking about transferring. In my opinion, if Strong loses the OU game with a blowout, I don't think he will be the coach the next Saturday.

Looking at the rest of their schedule, it will be hard pressed for that team to win 4 games.

From my understanding, Charlie did a lot of "house cleaning" when he took over the program in Austin. He was going to recruit character guys and many, even some executives in the NFL, used Charlie as an example of doing things the "right way" and being an example of developing quality young men. I believe that the boosters have recently come out in support of him and I think he will get and deserves another year.

He was barely beating teams that a school like Louisville should be able to blowout and yet he was squeaking by all of them by single digits. Not surprised since I thought he was overrated at the Ville.

Lost his ace recruiter and without him he isn't major conference head coach

He was barely beating teams that a school like Louisville should be able to blowout and yet he was squeaking by all of them by single digits. Not surprised since I thought he was overrated at the Ville.

He had a great staff and system at Louisville. Did a fantastic job of recruiting in FL and getting instate players. I think he's a good coach, but just in a tough situation right now. If they give him time he will fix Texas.

He had a great staff and system at Louisville. Did a fantastic job of recruiting in FL and getting instate players. I think he's a good coach, but just in a tough situation right now. If they give him time he will fix Texas.

Texas won't give him time.

Charlie should get one more year, but I don't think he will.

Mack Brown was asleep at the switch his last 2 years, and left Charlie a steamy pile of whale $h!t to work with.

Strong is a very good coach in a very bad situation.

Reactions: 4 people
I think he deserves more time and has the support right now, but I could see them making a move if a guy like Chip Kelly (who recruited Texas while at Oregon) comes available.

First CS did clean house when he got to Texas but what he kept on board wasn't enough. He is trying to do it the right way but ,like jones, I'm beginning to think that doing it the right way just takes too long and isn't feasible in today's world. You wind up playing a field of freshmen and guys that were not your best talent. What strong has going for him is that Mac brown is apparently on his side and a buddy of his from what I'm hearing. So that helps. There is a threshold for loses tho and if he loses too many games this year I do think there is nothing anybody will be able to do to help him. If he is let go I think he would be a great fit in Miami.

Reactions: 1 person

Mack Brown was asleep at the switch his last 2 years, and left Charlie a steamy pile of whale $h!t to work with.

Think he gets one more year too.

2015 Texas Longhorns Football Schedule | UT

Looking at that schedule the only sure win left for them is Kansas and I would expect them to beat ISU also. I don't see him surviving a 3-9 or 2-10 record at a school like Texas no matter if he deserves another year. I personally think he does but a 10 loss season is simply unacceptable at any big time school.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah I agree. I actually like the guy. I don't think they give him much time either though.

Good lord just look at where Texas is right now in recruiting rankings...the man will get fired because he can't recruit. It's really simple.

Strong is a good DC. Not head coach.

My only regret is he wasn't available to replace Muschamp.

Good lord just look at where Texas is right now in recruiting rankings...the man will get fired because he can't recruit. It's really simple.

He'll get one more year, the time frame they said they will take to hire a permanent AD. Also, they are still paying these non employees:

* Mack Brown
* Rick Barnes
* Steve Patterson (former AD)

Shaka Smart better hit the ground running.

Ooops, new info provided by Open Records Act:

If you're the University of Texas' president, here are the emails you get about your terrible AD - SBNation.com

I would like to request a meeting with you (Arthur Johnson, director of football ops), Steve Patterson, President Powers and Charlie Strong. In this meeting I would like to discuss my concerns regarding a recent phone conversation with Coach Strong where I was threatened and cursed. This is a very serious issue and one that I feel needs to be addressed by the appropriate university officials.

As a parent and as an African American man I feel very disrespected by the language and tone in which Coach Strong spoke to me. Coach Strong has purported himself to be a man of integrity and an advocate of his Core Values that speak to Honesty and Respect. In his recent interaction with me he showed neither of those and I want to make sure he is held accountable for his actions the same way he holds student athletes accountable. If Coach Strong is the man he presents himself to be than I expect nothing less than an admission to what he said and an in-person apology.

This could probably be something the Texas athletic department kept in their back pocket in case they wanted to reduce their buy out.......much like Fran's newsletter when it was time for Fran to go at A&M.

Last edited:
This always cracked me up.

xcsc.gif

Reactions: 11 people

Um... Texas had the #1 recruiting class in the Big 12 last year. So yes, I do believe he can recruit.

VN Store

Back