Win one BILLION dollars for a perfect bracket

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
sure the odds are slim to none but it can't hurt to enter

Buffett backing $1 billion NCAA bracket contest - Jan. 21, 2014

Quicken Loans is offering a $1 billion prize to the basketball fan who submits the perfect NCAA bracket for this year's tournament. And the prize, if there is one awarded, will be paid out by Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA, Fortune 500).

The payment would be doled out over 40 years in annual payments of $25 million, or a lump-sum payment of $500 million. If there is more than one perfect bracket submitted, the winning entries will split the money.
Quicken is also paying out $100,000 prizes to each of the 20 contestants who do the best in the brackets.

Reactions: 1 person
So, were you to fill out the bracket randomly, flipping a coin at each interchange to determining who would win, you would have a 1 in 9.2 quintillion chance of getting a correct bracket.

Read more: Perfect March Madness Bracket Probability - Business Insider

I don't think that holds in the bracket when teams are seeded. Flipping a coin like that would basically equate to putting a 16 seed in the sweet 16 (sorry to any probability/stats experts if that's off). The odds are still miniscule but there's always a chance

I don't think that holds in the bracket when teams are seeded. Flipping a coin like that would basically equate to putting a 16 seed in the sweet 16 (sorry to any probability/stats experts if that's off). The odds are still miniscule but there's always a chance

Yeah, I'm not even sure how this could be accurately calculated, the true odds that is.

Wow. That would be incredible. The best I could offer a perfect bracket winner would be $10 and a hotdog from BP.

It's in the bag. I'm winning this suckas!!!!

Seriously though, I watch college basketball almost more than anyone I know and I've never even came close to getting the dang brackets right. Someone that's never watched a game all year can probably get closer.

Yes you are correct.

That could be enough money to pay off all coaches involved... Or at least nearly all of the coaches. hmm...

Starting a group of 500 people. We will all pick different on the games that have any chance of going either way. When we win we split the money and each gets a one time payout of 1 million dollars. Simple enough.................

How would you go about claiming the money?
How would you determine the validity of the bracket?

Seems way to easy for the guy to claim someone cheated.

How would you go about claiming the money?
How would you determine the validity of the bracket?

Seems way to easy for the guy to claim someone cheated.

All brackets are in before the first game...How could you cheat? It is a publicity stunt. They are betting on the fact that no one will hit it 100%, in exchange for website hits and online chatter. Volnation, and many other sites are now talking about Quicken Loans and Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, where we never would have before.

VN Store

Back