The meltdown that is happening on the Vandy message boards

orangetd88

Agent of Chaos
Is quite entertaining. Some are even going as far as wanting to take the stupid Anchor Down off of the field. Lol

Reactions: 28 people
Those jerks deserve what ever happens to Their program. I hope They're forced to quickly hire an FCS Head Coach.

Reactions: 15 people
Even the most dedicated Vanderbilt fans had to have seen this one coming eventually.

Reactions: 5 people
My favorite quote so far:
If he was using Vanderbilt as a "stepping stone" he would been all over the Texas and USC opportunities.

Yeah..because that's the caliber of the Vandy program..

Reactions: 17 people
I feel their pain. Jk. Some of the biggest d-bag fans in all of sports. They deserve this. Go back to the bottom of the SEC where you belong, Vandy.

Reactions: 16 people
Penn State's Athletic board has to approve the hire. It's just a formality.

Yes, I was just throwing a little sarcasm at David Williams for preaching from the rooftops that Franklin is still the coach when everyone knows he's as good as gone.

Reactions: 2 people
They've really enjoyed rubbing our noses in our own sh*t. I don't recall ever hating Vandy back in the day or being snide about beating them all the time. And honestly I didn't hear alot of crap when UK beat us in 2011, Vandy fans are just historically arrogant, elitist pr!cks.

Reactions: 19 people
They are finally experiencing the real world of college football. Yes they are that naive to think Franklin would never leave. They believed the whole bit about building and not renting and family first and never settling in life.

Reactions: 3 people
went to Vandymaina and found this

Franklin and his staff are very good coaches and recruiters. They have done an excellent job at Vandy and we can all appreciate that. BUT, the staff has had advantages that no other staff to my knowledge has had. This is not sour grapes, I promise, because I said this way at the beginning of the season and at other times in the Franklin era. Franklin has been allowed to advertise the upgrades to the football facilities to recruits and to go after recruits that probably wouln't have had a chance in previous years. He has been allowed to schedule four cupcakes every year for four automatic wins. He has had the benefit of several teams being down a bit. Now credit to him for winning these games that in times past would have probably have been blown anyway. He got the benefit of having good players left by Bobby Johnson, and yes, they were very good players as Johnson's staff did have a great eye for talent.

there just might be a Vandy fan that gets it.

Reactions: 21 people
went to Vandymaina and found this

there just might be a Vandy fan that gets it.

A Vandy fan wrote this? No way. It sounds too reasonable. From what I've seen, Vandy fans have become a bunch of delusional jerks. They aren't handling what little success they've had very well. Dores, act like you've been there before...oh wait :eek:lol:

That must be the least trafficked message board in existance

Someone posted a quote from there where a guy was making a big deal because they had 1500 visitors on Vandymania. That's right, not 15,000 but 1500.

They've really enjoyed rubbing our noses in our own sh*t. I don't recall ever hating Vandy back in the day or being snide about beating them all the time. And honestly I didn't hear alot of crap when UK beat us in 2011, Vandy fans are just historically arrogant, elitist pr!cks.

I never really teased Vandy fans before, but I plan on it after how many have acted towards us over the past few years.

It's going to be fun.

Yep... I never had a problem with Vandy and actually kind of pulled for them prior to the past few years. They were kind of like loveable losers. I guess I never really read comments from their fans though until they started having a little bit of success. All they do is trash Tennessee fans and the Vols. So for that, I'll take pleasure in seeing them back in last place as their program falls apart.

I'm surprised more of them haven't voiced concerns about ending up with 0 recruits. There's 26 days til national signing day and they can't even officially hire a coach because Franklin has yet to officially sign with Penn State. Most of the recruits are going to Vanderbilt to play for Franklin and with him gone, they'll have no desire to go to a bottom feeder like Vanderbilt. So, not only is their entire class going to fall apart but their next coach is going to have no time at all to recruit. Vanderbilt's run that made their fans pretentious pricks is over. Hope they enjoyed their 3 years because it will probably be another 30 years before they come close to sniffing 9 wins.

Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back