Kentucky Basketball

UofLFan

2013 NCAA Champions!
With basketball starting up this weekend it seemed like a good time to make a season thread for Kentucky. Not just the Wildcats but Louisville as well. So what are your thoughts on the upcoming season with both teams ranked in the top 5?

Both teams will lose a couple early IMO. Both will earn very high seeds by the end of the year.

Gutsy prediction of the year: Louisville becomes the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed.

I kid.

Both teams will lose a couple early IMO. Both will earn very high seeds by the end of the year.

Gutsy prediction of the year: Louisville becomes the first 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed.

I kid.

MSU will be a big test for Kentucky, but MSU is known to start slow and with the depth UK has I think they win. I have Louisville losing about 4 games this season, with one of those being to UK. But when it comes tourney time both teams will be ready.

MSU will be very interesting. It could be the first of two game in the year if they can both make deep runs in the tourney.

And I could see Louisville only losing 2 or 3 games the whole year.

UK will probably lose 3-4. Louisville included (makes me sad to imagine it).

Really looking forward to this college basketball season. As a Duke fan, I'm as excited as I have been in awhile to see how this team comes together. I would say that this is K's most talented team in some time. I'm always interested in how teams like UK and the Louisville stack up, which should be pretty solidl this season.

I miss playing Duke as UK fan. Don't know how the Duke fans feel about it but games between some of the best programs in history really were fun series. Even if UK still hates Laettner

I miss playing Duke as UK fan. Don't know how the Duke fans feel about it but games between some of the best programs in history really were fun series. Even if UK still hates Laettner

I personally would love it. It pisses me off that you all have that Home/Home with UNC and we don't. If have I one criticism about K, it's that we don't play many road games. I think that a Cameron/Rupp series would be great for a sport that needs all the help it can get right now. BTW I hope you guys dominate the Heels in about a month.

I personally would love it. It pisses me off that you all have that Home/Home with UNC and we don't. If have I one criticism about K, it's that we don't play many road games. I think that a Cameron/Rupp series would be great for a sport that needs all the help it can get right now. BTW I hope you guys dominate the Heels in about a month.

I've been meaning to go to a Duke game the past couple years. It really looks like it lives up the nickname of the fans. Crazy.

I predict Kentucky will continue to cheat and Pitino will tap a few things that he's not married to.

Reactions: 5 people
Looking forward to a couple of key games early for both teams. Mich State will be a tremendous challenge for the young Cats. I'm not certain that it is winnable.

Of course, the UL/UK game will be Armageddon. Can't wait to see that one.

I don't think that UK will lose any more than 3 this year in the regular season. For them, anything less than a FF is a disappointment.

Hmmm stupid vol fans making predetermined and weak statements.
9780688104580.jpg

For the umpteenth time this is "around the ncaa". Unless you're retarded and can't read "Kentucky Basketball" in the title then you made the choice to read it and come here. If it bothers you that much just ignore it.

And no I'm not a troll. There are plenty of VN users who can vouch for me.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure why other Vol fans come into this forum and complain. I, for one, like seeing discussion about other schools and what's currently going on AROUND THE NCAA (you know, like the forum's title?).

Reactions: 5 people
Kentucky will be very good but I think Louisville wins Back to Back championships under Pitino.

UK fans what are y'all's thoughts on UT's team this season? I feel we're being under looked.

Looking forward to seeing what Hubbs can do. Maymon and Stokes should be formidable.

If UK had to play you guys at K-Town, it's a likely loss.

I can easily see you guys making Sweet 16 easily.

UK fans what are y'all's thoughts on UT's team this season? I feel we're being under looked.

Nice to see ya berry. Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's been a while...

Same as brian said, UT should be good. Hubbs will be interesting to see and obviously the front court looks strong. Ya'll have a good chance at making elite 8 if the draw is good.

Kentucky will be very good but I think Louisville wins Back to Back championships under Pitino.

And Rick gets a tramp stamp tattoo to commemorate it.

Care to elaborate on your reasoning, or is this just "I hope they suck because I hate Cal?"

I don't hate Cal. I actually like him.

But he has no veteran leadership on this year's team. UK may make an Elite 8, but I think a team full of freshman and sophomores (who have never played in an NCAA game) can string together to 4-6 flawless games needed to make the third weekend or win a title.

Really looking forward to this college basketball season. As a Duke fan, I'm as excited as I have been in awhile to see how this team comes together. I would say that this is K's most talented team in some time. I'm always interested in how teams like UK and the Louisville stack up, which should be pretty solidl this season.

You need to remove the vol from your name.

VN Store

Back