2199 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Page 67. within the forum Around the NCAA. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #991
volbacker14

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
The Manti Teo story, The biggest hoax in NCAA history. Then part 2, the Manti Teo story, Going through hell, my life in the NFL.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #992
bamawriter

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Better film title: When Manti Never Met Lennay
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #993
Scotty's Flat Top
I'm hurtin' Linda

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
How do you not know you are talking sweet nothings to a dude. Must have been pretty hard up. Or a a complete dumbass.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #994
ABQduck

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty's Flat Top View Post
How do you not know you are talking sweet nothings to a dude. Must have been pretty hard up. Or a a complete dumbass.
I mean really. Naive is too light of a word. This guy takes the cake for guileless moron of the decade.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #995
Spartacavolus
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQduck View Post
I mean really. Naive is too light of a word. This guy takes the cake for guileless moron of the decade.

I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if that wasn't a role play the whole time for Te'o the freak and his buddy is taking the fall so he can still cash in and they can live happily ever after.

I would almost have more respect for that angle,than the image of him being dumbass of the universe
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #996
ukvols

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamawriter View Post
Agreed. I'll buy that he was duped to begin with, but the tweets and the fact that he was speaking to a dude pretending to be a girl must have given him a cause for skepticism at some point.

He definitely played up the significance of his relationship in front of the cameras, and I think he had cause to know something was wrong but was more concerned with the publicity he was getting.
Unless he's hiding a gay relationship, and I'm not going to speculate on that any further, I don't see why it's hard for anyone to believe at this point that he was duped. He may have also lied about seeing her. But, you don't talk to someone for 100s of hours like that just to pretend. Te'o didn't need to privately spend 110 minutes on the phone in a single call, for example, to publicly convince someone else that he had a g/f. He would just say so. It's not like they spent all those hours chatting about how they were going to dupe the world together.

To me, Te'o being the most gullible person in the universe is the easiest story for me to believe at this point (subject to change as more info comes out).
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #997
bamawriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukvols View Post
Unless he's hiding a gay relationship, and I'm not going to speculate on that any further, I don't see why it's hard for anyone to believe at this point that he was duped. He may have also lied about seeing her. But, you don't talk to someone for 100s of hours like that just to pretend. Te'o didn't need to privately spend 110 minutes on the phone in a single call, for example, to publicly convince someone else that he had a g/f. He would just say so. It's not like they spent all those hours chatting about how they were going to dupe the world together.
It's not hard to start a phone call and not actually be talking the whole time. All you have to do is lay the phone down and go about your business.

Heck, he said all along that he and "Lennay" slept on the phone w/ one another.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #998
ukvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamawriter View Post
It's not hard to start a phone call and not actually be talking the whole time. All you have to do is lay the phone down and go about your business.

Heck, he said all along that he and "Lennay" slept on the phone w/ one another.
I did suggest in my previous post that he could have done exactly that - made the call and then left the phone on to create a trail in the phone records. That just seems too extreme/diabolical just to convince everyone of this story. It's possible that could have been part of a conspiracy. But, I'm having an easier time believing that Te'o was duped x 1000 than that he engaged in a consipracy that included 100s of hours of essentially fake/non-calls over a period of months.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #999
bamawriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukvols View Post
I did suggest in my previous post that he could have done exactly that - made the call and then left the phone on to create a trail in the phone records. That just seems too extreme/diabolical just to convince everyone of this story. It's possible that could have been part of a conspiracy. But, I'm having an easier time believing that Te'o was duped x 1000 than that he engaged in a consipracy that included 100s of hours of essentially fake/non-calls over a period of months.
I just don't see how you can spend 500 hours talking to a chick and not realize that it's a dude. No one who isn't a professional voice actor is that good. I also don't see how you don't find it weird that her "brother" keeps contacting you from her phone.

Further, I don't see how you could believe that in the course of one year this girl who is just out of college took trips to New Zealand, Dubai, Vegas, Hawaii (to your hometown, at that, but conveniently when you had no way of being able to fly home to meet her), had something else going on during every one of your away games that she otherwise would have been able to attend, had her father die, got in a car wreck that left her comatose and snapped out of it right when her family agreed to pull the plug, developed leukemia, and died the day after your beloved grandmother.

I don't see how anyone who isn't a high-functioning mentally-challenged person could not see red flags at every turn.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #1000
Notorious B.E.N

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Anyone seen or heard any of the Katie Couric interview? She asked if he was gay and he laughed and said definitely not, he seemed a bit nervous
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #1001
TuskALoosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentenn View Post
Anyone seen or heard any of the Katie Couric interview? She asked if he was gay and he laughed and said definitely not, he seemed a bit nervous

Was it like "ho ho ha ha!!!" or "tee hee hee"?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #1002
Notorious B.E.N

Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed? Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuskALoosa View Post
Was it like "ho ho ha ha!!!" or "tee hee hee"?
A little of both maybe, it was like he was trying too hard to deny it
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #1003
golfballs
Старший член

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentenn View Post
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #1004
BIG BOI 23

the 110 phone calls over a hour and the fact he was talking to a man the whole time are craziest things about this to me lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #1005
golfballs
Старший член

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BOI 23 View Post
the 110 phone calls over a hour and the fact he was talking to a man the whole time are creepiest things about this to me lol
fyp
Reply With Quote TOP