Coach Bartow at ETSU pay

volunteerfan94

Does Anybody know what he makes? My girlfriend asked me while at dinner, she is an ETSU student and was wondering

Does Anybody know what he makes? My girlfriend asked me while at dinner, she is an ETSU student and was wondering

According to this article from February 2012, he makes a base salary of $164,800 but makes $1.2 million overall.

"Like faculty and executives at ETSU, coaches negotiate their salaries. Men’s Basketball Coach Murry Bartow negotiated the highest salary. Bartow’s base pay is $164,800.

According to the athletic director, the long-time men’s basketball coach brings in roughly $1.2 million in revenue a year. He also has a winning record and several NCAA tournament appearances."

Some ETSU coaches score low, others score big - TriCities.com: News

According to this article from February 2012, he makes a base salary of $164,800 but makes $1.2 million overall.

"Like faculty and executives at ETSU, coaches negotiate their salaries. Men’s Basketball Coach Murry Bartow negotiated the highest salary. Bartow’s base pay is $164,800.

According to the athletic director, the long-time men’s basketball coach brings in roughly $1.2 million in revenue a year. He also has a winning record and several NCAA tournament appearances."

Some ETSU coaches score low, others score big - TriCities.com: News

I think the brings in 1.2M/year is the amount of money the Men's BB team makes not what he makes overall.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the brings in 1.2M/year is the amount of money the Men's BB team makes not what he makes overall.

That might be the case, but the article doesn't say the program makes 1.2 million per year, it suggests the coach makes that. It does seem that 1.2 million would be a healthy sum for a coach at that level though. It also seems a bit unrealistic that that program would actually be netting 1.2 million in a very small conference.

That might be the case, but the article doesn't say the program makes 1.2 million per year, it suggests the coach makes that. It does seem that 1.2 million would be a healthy sum for a coach at that level though. It also seems a bit unrealistic that that program would actually be netting 1.2 million in a very small conference.

The article does not suggest that at all. It says he brings in 1.2M in revenue ie money for the AD not 1.2M in additional salary. Seriously its not in a foreign language or anything.

VN Store

Back