Tubberville Making Friends In Ohio

BUBear

Football On The Brazos
19653.gif

Reactions: 1 person
That grammar makes Hubbs and Co look like Pulitzer Prize winners.

"Not to never come to his school"? Butch Davis?

Come on.

I really dont blame Tuberville for taking the job. Those Texas Tech fans wanted nothing to do with him

I think its rediculous that a HS coach "bans" a college from coming. What if there are players there who are interested in Cincinatti?

You've clearly never been to Lubbock.

I have actually lived about ten miles outside of Lubbock, and while it isn't the most scenic place in the country, I had just as soon live there as in Cincinnati. The people there are much friendlier than those in Cincinnati.

I really dont blame Tuberville for taking the job. Those Texas Tech fans wanted nothing to do with him

Cincy might very well be the last coaching stop for Tubbs, as based on his age and record and the tendencies toward younger coaches there might not be another opportunity for him if UC doesn't work out.

I have actually lived about ten miles outside of Lubbock, and while it isn't the most scenic place in the country, I had just as soon live there as in Cincinnati. The people there are much friendlier than those in Cincinnati.

This. And the weather in Cincinnati sucks.

Lubbock: Buns Over Texas
Cincinnati: Skyling Chili

TRUT, your buns are up with a side of cheese fries. Lubbock wins!

I think blocking universities from high school campuses is plain retarded

I think its rediculous that a HS coach "bans" a college from coming. What if there are players there who are interested in Cincinatti?

The job of a high school coach is to look out for the best interests of his players. It doesn't take a heck of a lot for someone with a history in college football to be able to come in and sway a naive 17-year-old.

Massillon has enough college coaches who scout their games that this is actually meaningful. This isn't some slapdick school with 120 students and a mouthy coach. It's one of the largest in the states, with a tremendous tradition and a good deal of talent that comes out every year.

It won't last long, some pride is badly wounded but it will blow over. Not a good way to start though.

Might not. A factor in Charlie Weis' firing at Notre Dame was the fact that he managed to infuriate every coach in the GCL (Greater Catholic League, with most of the talent in the Cincinnati area), which led to severe restrictions in his ability to attract top recruits to Notre Dame from something that should be a pipeline.

Football in Ohio isn't a closed community either. If someone at a major school like X or Moeller has issues with a college coach, word gets around and it can negatively impact his reputation. If Tuberville wants to do stuff like this, well, it may be considered acceptable in some areas of the country. It's not considered acceptable here.

Lubbock: Buns Over Texas
Cincinnati: Skyling Chili

TRUT, your buns are up with a side of cheese fries. Lubbock wins!

Cincinnati has Montgomery Inn...and that's Cincy with the win.

VN Store

Back