UK announces $110M upgrades to Commonwealth

McCat

Rent free in your head
Upgrades to Commonwealth and the Nutter training facility.

BBNunited

Upgrades to the Nutter Training Center
improved concessions, restrooms, and security
Multi-purpose recruiting room
16 - 20 Private suites
New home team facilities
Approximately 2,000 new club seats
New press facilities
A team store
New full service kitchen
Improve the UK brand at the stadium
Maintain or slightly reduce seating capacity while increasing the value of the remaining seats

UK Athletics will also pledge to allocate $100M for an Academic Science building at UK.

All funding comes directly from athletic revenue.

Should be done by July 2015.

:good!:

Should see some big changes with UKs facilities in the future it sounds like. The recent addition with the basketball dorm I believe?, and then didn't they announce that Rupp is being renovated a few months ago?

Should see some big changes with UKs facilities in the future it sounds like. The recent addition with the basketball dorm I believe?, and then didn't they announce that Rupp is being renovated a few months ago?

The big renovations to Rupp are being tabled for now, but they did renovate the locker rooms. Pretty sweet now.

It appears KY is starting to take football serious with the hiring of Stoops and Company, now these upgrades.

It appears KY is starting to take football serious with the hiring of Stoops and Company, now these upgrades.

That seems to be the case. Gotta get some talent in the program to move the needle.

Big recruiting weekend for the Cats coming up.

It's not, actually. Most Athletics income comes from football. Basketball is a much smaller slice of the pie.

Then there are the obscene TV dollars....

You're telling me UK football brings in more money than UK basketball on a yearly basis? Color me skeptical.

You ever seen how much UK charges or football tickets? It's crazy. If they are gonna charge a lot then they need to really step their game up. This is a move in the right direction for them. That being said, it's still Kentucky. Gonna need a lot more than some pretty updates to win there.

They generate double the amount of revenue as basketball.

I highly doubt that considering the amount of home football games UK has each year compared to the every game sellouts at Rupp arena...Remember Rupp holds almost 25,000 while commonwealth holds around 67,000...So go ahead and add your knot into knots and see what you come up with...UK basketball pays the bills at UK.

VN Store

Back