Has Saban Built A Dynasty?

The Ming Dynasty took over a Mongol-led Yuan Dynasty in 14th Century China.

(Google and Wiki Dynasty's can be your friend)

Reactions: 1 person
I was always under the impression that a "dynasty" is 3 championships in a row. Skipping a year doesn't count. So I say no.

I was always under the impression that a "dynasty" is 3 championships in a row. Skipping a year doesn't count. So I say no.

Flip the team and say it was us that won three championships in four years, would our fan base and others in the SEC think we were a dynasty? I say yes, so that being the case, yes, Saban has built himself a dynasty.

Reactions: 3 people
People forget that Bama didn't play in the SEC Championship last season and were 5 yards away from being forgettable this season. Alabama will begin 2013 as No. 1, duh. Who’ll give chase? | Mark Bradley

No one will care about Bama not playing in the SECCG in '11 or that #3 UGA had a chance to beat them in a few years.

People will remember what Bama did against Texas, LSU, & ND in the championship game.

3 out of 4 ain't too shabby. Sucks to say that. But it's true.

Alabama has done in four years what programs like Tennessee, Auburn, Florida State, Michigan, Penn State, and Georgia have not done in their entire histories... won three major poll national championships.

If that doesn't qualify for dynasty status, then there has never been a dynasty in the sport.

Reactions: 2 people
No one will care about Bama not playing in the SECCG in '11 or that #3 UGA had a chance to beat them in a few years.

People will remember what Bama did against Texas, LSU, & ND in the championship game.

3 out of 4 ain't too shabby. Sucks to say that. But it's true.

Yea, I understand that. We're human with human memories. But perhaps the commentators of the NC game should have gone down memory lane a bit before ogling over Bama (and McCarron's girlfriend) like they did. Even though she is hotter than Saudi asphalt.

Alabama has done in four years what programs like Tennessee, Auburn, Florida State, Michigan, Penn State, and Georgia have not done in their entire histories... won three major poll national championships.

If that doesn't qualify for dynasty status, then there has never been a dynasty in the sport.

Appy State.

Fail.

I don't know how it could be argued that it is not a dynasty, especially when you look at how good their future looks.

Alabama is not the dynasty; Saban is.

Saban has four national titles in his last eight seasons as a college head coach.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back