Serious Question

deckerkd

How can Irvin Meyer be on ESPN as a commentator about the NC game. He is an active NCAA coach. Does this recognition not give him an unfair recruiting advantage? I am not current on the rules or violations concerning this type activity; however, it would appear that this should be some type of violation.

How does it matter? Tennessee has had coaches work the espn studios many times before. Why does this keep popping up here? It's completely normal, especially if you've proven yourself as a coach.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I thought current coaches weren't allowed to make predictions, or is that the pros?

Really? They always have current coaches during things like this. Bruce Pearl worked the final four one year after UT lost in the tournament. If I'm not mistaken, Chip Kelly did some work during the LSU/Bama game last year.

Coaches make cameo appears in movies, do television and radio commercials, etc. all the time. I am unsure how you would be able to separate any of this from being on ESPN as a commentator.

If appearances on television was deemed an unfair advantage by the NCAA, they'd be stuck with dealing with the question of televising the games themselves. I'm guessing Notre Dame and Alabama got more television exposure this year than some other teams.

Irvin...c'mon man...
19MichaelIrvin.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
How can Irvin Meyer be on ESPN as a commentator about the NC game. He is an active NCAA coach. Does this recognition not give him an unfair recruiting advantage? I am not current on the rules or violations concerning this type activity; however, it would appear that this should be some type of violation.

Coaches are never on TV. This is a serious violation. Good thing you realized this. No one else, even the people that work compliance issues for a living, noticed this diabolical plan of Irvan Meyer.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back