espn analysts poking fun at aj mccarron

Vol4life25

For those who dont know Aj announced on Twitter that he will return for his Sr. season and that he looks forward to finishing what he started.

Analysts were laughing about it on ESPN saying

"I didnt know he was on any draft board?."

"What was his 2nd option?"

Then someone said "Come on guys he is a really good QB."

And then they replied "My 13 year old daughter could play QB for that team, and win 6 games".

Just thought it was really funny, and nice hear, atleast not ALL of Espn's crew arnt on the Bama Tit.

Reactions: 14 people
They were also discussing him on CFL and him being selected as the 3rd All-American QB

That is pretty funny. That being said, he's not a bad QB.

ESPN is nothing but a bunch of babbling douches. By all accounts, AJ seems to be a humble guy so I don't know why all the hate. Wish he were our QB, he actually knows to how win a big game. Can't say that for Bray.

Reactions: 4 people
Tebow has two

Manning has none

Who is the better NFL QB?

Funny, no one was talking about those two qb's. This is college. AJ is graduating this Saturday, accomplishing what he went to college for in the first place. Criticize the young man all you want. He leads the nation in efficiency. He's thrown two interceptions this year. Two.

So change the focus and talk about some other quarterback. I'll take winning. AJ is a winner. ESPN reveals itself to be on the opposite end of the spectrum: LOSERS.

Reactions: 3 people
ESPN is nothing but a bunch of babbling douches. By all accounts, AJ seems to be a humble guy so I don't know why all the hate. Wish he were our QB, he actually knows to how win a big game. Can't say that for Bray.

Look it up bro.......Aj was projected late 3rd early 4th

Bray is projected late 2nd

If Aj is such a great QB, why arnt nfl teams jumping at the chance to get AJ.

I will tell you why.....because he isnt a QB.....he is just a clock manager.

It is easy to have only 2 int. a season when your team runs the ball 75% of the time.

And Humble??......I guess you havent listened to his radio interviews. Have you ever watched him on game day.....In that clown outfit with his bright ass bowtie?

Reactions: 2 people
Look up the stats "bro". Quarterback efficiency. Look who leads.

Who's going to draft a loser like Bray? Really.

Four national championships. Possible.

No other quarterback in history has four rings.

Count 'em.

Go join the haters on ESPN.

Maybe follow in the footsteps of Heath Shuler. Oh wait, Shuler never won a national championship. Not even one.

he can be the next bama QB to go to the nfl and do nothing.

brody croyle
greg mcelroy
now aj

Brody got drafted and started. A bad team and injuries curbed his ability to do anything.
McElroy was on IR for his entire rookie year, so this is his true first season. He's already come off the bench and won a game for his team.

Neither were/are great NFL QBs, but other than Peyton Manning, who has UT produced? What did Tee Martin, any of the Clausens, Ainge, etc accomplish in the league that Croyle and McElroy haven't?

And in the end, you'd gladly trade Manning for McCarron if AJ had done at UT what he's doing at Alabama.

Last edited:
It has been making somewhat of a comeback, but there is entirely too much gratuitous use of the word "bro" in this thread.

It is easy to have only 2 int. a season when your team runs the ball 75% of the time.

And Humble??......I guess you havent listened to his radio interviews. Have you ever watched him on game day.....In that clown outfit with his bright ass bowtie?

I understand your point but it is a bit overstated. First of all, greatness at the quarterback position, particularly in the NFL, is about more than just the physical tools. It requires true leadership skills and a cerebral understanding of how to attack defenses, i.e. the proverbial "field general" mentality. When you critique A.J. McCarron's statistical production and efficiency, I see a quarterback that rarely makes mistakes. Now, a LOT of that can be chalked up to superior supporting cast. He has a stable full of excellent running backs and a tremendous offensive line, both in terms of drive blocking and pass protection. Therefore, he is rarely put in a situation where the outcome of the game is determined by his throwing arm. After all, how many fourth-quarter game-winning drives has he engineered? I don't know the answer but it can't be many since 'bama usually has the game well in hand at that point. If you have a running game that can bludgeon opponents into submission, you simply don't have to make risky plays. Exceedingly high passing efficiency numbers are a somewhat predicatable consequence of that confluence of factors, provided, of course, that you have a competent quarterback to begin with.

Last edited:
Brody got drafted and started. A bad team and injuries curbed his ability to do anything.
McElroy was on IR for his entire rookie year, so this is his true first season. He's already come off the bench and won a game for his team.

Neither were/are great NFL QBs, but other than Peyton Manning, who has UT produced? What did Tee Martin, any of the Clausens, Ainge, etc accomplish in the league that Croyle and McElroy haven't?

And in the end, you'd gladly trade Manning for McCarron if AJ had done at UT what he's doing at Alabama.

Lol vol fans trade Peyton manning. This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Reactions: 3 people
Alex, I certainly am not in the habit of defending Alabama supporters, but I presume that you do understand his point. We would enjoy the prospect of winning back-to-back national championships, which is what A.J. and his teammates are facing, even more than all of the excellent seasons that Peyton had at UT. Regardless of the potential quarterback in that scenario, he made an accurate observation.

Reactions: 2 people

don't they both have really big and stupid tattoos? :eek:lol:

Look up the stats "bro". Quarterback efficiency. Look who leads.

Who's going to draft a loser like Bray? Really.

Four national championships. Possible.

No other quarterback in history has four rings.

Count 'em.

Go join the haters on ESPN.

'10-auburn
'11-bama
'12-bama/nd
'13-pending

not that it really matters, but how do u figure 4?

o wait, nevermind...i'm talking to a bama fan, it should look like this:

'10-bama
'11-bama
'12-bama
'13-bama

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back