Denard thinks he could beat Bolt

GahLee

Drop The Leash
In the 40 yard dash. This kid is nuts. Bolt would run a sub 4 forty. He did admit he couldn't hang in the 100 meters.

He's still relatively slow for the first forty and isnt used to grass, so I can see denard maybe not getting destroyed

Reactions: Remy
He's still relatively slow for the first forty and isnt used to grass, so I can see denard maybe not getting destroyed

Agreed. It takes him a bit to get going. He is usually middle of the pack for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of a race.

See this is what I don't get. Didn't Justin Gatlin run a 4.45 in his NFL tryouts? But then he won gold with a 9.58 in '04. I think it all depends on the launch and the amount of distance. I wouldn't be surprised if Denard could beat him. Of course Bolt would destroy him in a 100+m race but for 40 yards I'm sure some football players could hold their own against him.

There's all coming out of the woodwork for this. First Chris Johnson, now Denard. I'm 48, 250 lb, and have a bad knee. I'll get in this "I can beat Bolt" club too since we'll never have to prove it.

The 100m has some endurance component to it. That is where Bolt destroys the competition. The 40 yd is pure speed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were several athletes that could hang with or beat Bolt in the 40.

Chris Johnson being one. Denard.. I don't really know much about him, but sure, why not.

I'd settle for him outrunning the Bama defense in a couple of weeks.

Why? Just out of spite? I choose to root for SEC in OOC games, if nothing else than just to make our strength of schedule that much more impressive.

If it had absolutely no effect on us, I'd agree. Buck Fama.

Reactions: 1 person
Why? Just out of spite? I choose to root for SEC in OOC games, if nothing else than just to make our strength of schedule that much more impressive.

It doesn't matter that much in the long run. Screw the sec. After rooting for a meteor to strike the field, I'll pull for michigan that week

Reactions: 7 people
I hate being in the spot of having SEC pride. Since I can't exactly have UT pride openly in recent years without being mocked. It means I have to root for one of my most hated rivals to win a title, just so we can keep the streak alive, since UT isn't winning a title any time soon. (Trying to reverse jinx us)

Sorry man i don't get into the SEC pride thing. I hate Bama and always will.

Shoelaces needs to worry about being the fastest guy on his team before he worries about beating the fastest man on the planet.

Then maybe think about being the fastest dude in football, because he is not that either.

Bolt does come off the blocks faster because he doesnt WANT to come off the blocks faster. Plain, and simple.

There is no way Denard beats Bolt at anything. And I promise you that Bolt can ArmPunt just as well as Denard also. So he has that going for him as well.

its funny to me that in the last 4 years all these pro athletes want to race the fastest man in history. I know that is what makes them great is that they are competitors but I dont remember all these guys wanting to challenge Carl Lewis.

its funny to me that in the last 4 years all these pro athletes want to race the fastest man in history. I know that is what makes them great is that they are competitors but I dont remember all these guys wanting to challenge Carl Lewis.

the mentality of the players has changed a bit over the past 8 years. They have went from being overly competitive to overly empowered. They think they are the be all, end all in sports. It is worse than it has ever been. Id love to see Bolt -v- Shoelaces, or Bolt -v- Johnson. Id love to see Bolt wearing a Detroit Lions uniform and just blowing by people on a regular basis.

the mentality of the players has changed a bit over the past 8 years. They have went from being overly competitive to overly empowered. They think they are the be all, end all in sports. It is worse than it has ever been. Id love to see Bolt -v- Shoelaces, or Bolt -v- Johnson. Id love to see Bolt wearing a Detroit Lions uniform and just blowing by people on a regular basis.

Theyre just a bunch of attention whores, thanks to Twitter and Facebook, and this dead period in the news before the season starts.

Do you think Bolt's speed would transfer over to football? I am sure if he got out in the open with the ball that no one would be able to catch him, but I mean piror to that. Do you think his speed would transfer over to being able to run routes and get open to get the ball and handle the contact while doing so?

VN Store

Back