UF QB Jeff Driskel Injured

Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
Word is he injured his shoulder pretty good today at practice.

Brissett will be our starting QB, as he was running slightly ahead of Driskel before the injury.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds like somebody didn't pay attention to the red 'don't kill the QB' jersey... Wouldn't want to be in their shoes..

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, it really sucks for Driskel.

Muschamp should consider redshirting him to get a year of separation between him and Brissett.

According to TOS he got hit in his non-throwing shoulder and is wearing a sling but Muschamp didn't address it in his presser yesterday.

According to TOS he got hit in his non-throwing shoulder and is wearing a sling but Muschamp didn't address it in his presser yesterday.

Either way, a broken scapula would be extremely painful for throwing, as you use a swinging motion with the off arm when throwing.

Hopefully it's not broken, I don't want to hear excuses when we win.

Asked around and was told Driskel took a hit and hurt his non-throwing shoulder. They didn't believe it to be too serious though.

Luke Stampini 247.

Sounds like no one really knows anything for sure besides he was hurt and is in some type of sling today.

I don't even know who Brissett's back up would be at this time. They better hope he stays healthy.

He can ball, but that's still roughhhhh for the depth. Wow.

I don't even know who Brissett's back up would be at this time. They better hope he stays healthy.

He can ball, but that's still roughhhhh for the depth. Wow.

It's the guy who was ahead in competing for the starting job, according to the OP.

So all this might mean is they can't play "will they wont they start him" all season or use a 2 QB system

Wow, so yeah they could be alright as long as (like Dbake said) they don't incur any injuries at the QB position. Either way not the ideal start to camp.

Either way, a broken scapula would be extremely painful for throwing, as you use a swinging motion with the off arm when throwing.

Hopefully it's not broken, I don't want to hear excuses when we win.

If UT finally beats us, which they should this season, it won't be because Jeff Driskel didn't play.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back