About to hit the fan at UNC...basketball and football academic fraud.

McCat

Rent free in your head
Football and basketball players accounted for nearly four of every 10 students enrolled in 54 classes at the heart of an academic fraud investigation at UNC-Chapel Hill, according to figures released Monday.

The classes were all within UNC’s Department of African and Afro-American studies. An internal probe released Friday produced evidence of unauthorized grade changes and little or no instruction by professors. Forty-five of the classes listed the department’s chairman, Julius Nyang’oro, as the professor. Investigators could not determine instructors for the remaining nine.

Read more here:

UNC players made up 39 percent of suspect classes - North Carolina - NewsObserver.com

UNC players made up 39 percent of suspect classes - North Carolina - NewsObserver.com

I tolja that that Zeller feller would raise a flag taking African-American Cultural Studies.

Reactions: 1 person
These are certainly problems that Calipari never has to worry about; I am sure that he can sign all of his Freshman up for 100 level military science courses, since they are never going to stay to graduate anyhow.

These are certainly problems that Calipari never has to worry about; I am sure that he can sign all of his Freshman up for 100 level military science courses, since they are never going to stay to graduate anyhow.

One of track coaches graduated sometime ago and said that he took a geology class and found out that it was a joke-off class nicknamed "rocks for jocks" with almost the entire UK basketball team and football team in it. He sat right beside Jamal Mashburn :birgits_giggle:

Not every school can be so lucky as UT, to have cannabis 101 and firearms 240 taught by ex-players while taking time off from the Rocky Top League. :)

Admit it, HF, you wish UK had its own Rocky Top League, perhaps the Bluegrass League. I'm honestly shocked there isn't one. I would think the fans up there would go nuts for the chance to see current UK players, other area players, and a splattering of former UK players live in a pick-up league. It would be constant autograph lines, just like at Bearden High in Knoxville.

Admit it, HF, you wish UK had its own Rocky Top League, perhaps the Bluegrass League. I'm honestly shocked there isn't one. I would think the fans up there would go nuts for the chance to see current UK players, other area players, and a splattering of former UK players live in a pick-up league. It would be constant autograph lines, just like at Bearden High in Knoxville.

Tim Couch ftw!

One of track coaches graduated sometime ago and said that he took a geology class and found out that it was a joke-off class nicknamed "rocks for jocks" with almost the entire UK basketball team and football team in it. He sat right beside Jamal Mashburn :birgits_giggle:

The 100 level geology classes here at UT are also nicknamed "rocks for jocks". That said, I think they're about as easy as any 100 level science class.

source: physics/geology major

Actually, they do have the UK "barnstorming" tour, where former players tour around the state and play each other in certain high school gymnasiums. It's where Richie Farmer scouts out all of his hoes.

still one of the hardest state schools to get accepted (or at least it used to be)

Exactly. I don't think Brian has looked at their acceptance requirements. Virginia and UNC are two of the better state schools academically.

Actually, they do have the UK "barnstorming" tour, where former players tour around the state and play each other in certain high school gymnasiums. It's where Richie Farmer scouts out all of his hoes.

That's not bad at all.

But, it doesn't involve current players.
I think UK fans would 'eat up' the chance to see current players play against former players.

Past Rocky Top Leagues have included players like Ron Slay, Chris Lofton, C.J. Watson, Scotty Hopson, and Wayne Chism playing in the same small league (while Hopson and Chism were current players). The UK equivalent of that would seem to be a big deal.

That's not bad at all.

But, it doesn't involve current players.
I think UK fans would 'eat up' the chance to see current players play against former players.

Past Rocky Top Leagues have included players like Ron Slay, Chris Lofton, C.J. Watson, Scotty Hopson, and Wayne Chism playing in the same small league (while Hopson and Chism were current players). The UK equivalent of that would seem to be a big deal.

One problem, UK doesn't have current players between the end of the tournament in April and the start of classes in the fall.

VN Store

Back