'13 TN OT Christian Morris

rote

'13 TN OT Christian Morris
Offensive Tackle
Memphis East HS
Memphis, TN
HT: 6'6"
WT: 275 lbs

I have to ask, are you just making a thread for every instate lineman with a profile or are these guys were looking at?

51030690.jpg

Christian Morris

Morris, 6-foot-6 270 lbs, is a Tackle that has the size you look for in a tackle. He's not as polished as some offensive linemen out there but he has a huge upside. Memphis is his only offer as of now but could see his stock rise during his senior season. National Recruiting Analyst Keith Niebur said, "Prototypical tackle size (6-6, 270) but very raw. Good feet; needs to work on strength and lowering pad level."
-Rivals.

After not picking up a single offensive lineman this year, we are probably going to have to stack up fairly well next year.

More on OT Christian Morris from Memphis East, who says #Vols offered tonight. Huge frame. 6-6/270. I know #Louisville likes him, too

Keith Neibuhr

Morris also thinks highly of the Vols and offensive line coach Sam Pittman.

"He's a very good coach," Morris said. "I also love the campus of Tennessee."
-Rivals.

I bet we are in good shape since we are the only big time school to give an early offer.

"I was really excited. It was very big because I had always liked Tennessee, I don't have any favorites or anything, but I have always liked them and watched them and liked how they play and their concept of the game," he said.

- Rivals. Said that he knows Dan Williams and is familiar with us. Said that Pittman told him he needs to keep at it in the weight room to get stronger. He said that they complemented him on his pass protection but want him to build strength to be a road grader needed in the SEC.

Does anybody know who our legitimate top targets are at OL this go around? And by "legitimate," I mean that we stand a good shot at getting. I know Bivin might be one, but who else?

Colin McGovern has high interest and I think he's visiting on march 3rd.

Yeah, that's right. I remember reading on the "Spring Visitors" thread that he is currently probable or a possibility at least to show up on Junior Day. Unfortunately, sounds like Bivin might not necessarily be making it. As far as Morris is concerned (since this is his thread), I hope he can develop into a top-notch o-lineman by August, especially if he goes to any camps. Seems to me that by that time most of the recruiting services have pretty much solidified their evaluations and rankings. I just haven't heard much chatter about him up until this offer, so he's still a bit of a mystery to me.

McGovern, Bivin, and Morris are all visiting on the 3rd. CA OL Dane Crane is visiting this weekend.

So do we know for sure that Bivin is making it? There was some talk about him possibly attending Notre Dame's Junior Day on the 3rd instead.

So do we know for sure that Bivin is making it? There was some talk about him possibly attending Notre Dame's Junior Day on the 3rd instead.

Here's how it stands with Bivin. He was supposed to visit on the 3rd, then 247 said he was supposed to be at Notre Dame, then after that VQ said that Bivin was supposed to be at UT on the 3rd. I am going with VQ and saying that he will be here.

Here's how it stands with Bivin. He was supposed to visit on the 3rd, then 247 said he was supposed to be at Notre Dame, then after that VQ said that Bivin was supposed to be at UT on the 3rd. I am going with VQ and saying that he will be here.

Trusting Hubbs over Callahan, huh? haha! Well, let's hope your haunch is right. We need to get in on as many top-tier o-lineman as we can early on. This needs to be a big o-line haul this year. I'm thinking a minimum of three but probably more like four or even five.

VQ is much more reliable than 247. However I would consider Bivin to be a huge longshot for Tennessee even though Pittman is one of the best offensive line coaches and recruiters out there. Remember this guy went into Indianapolis in back to back years and pulled James Hurst (5-star) and Kiaoro Holts (5-star by some) to UNC. That's pretty big-time.

VQ is much more reliable than 247. However I would consider Bivin to be a huge longshot for Tennessee even though Pittman is one of the best offensive line coaches and recruiters out there. Remember this guy went into Indianapolis in back to back years and pulled James Hurst (5-star) and Kiaoro Holts (5-star by some) to UNC. That's pretty big-time.

Yeah, I know Bivin is from Kentucky but seems to have more interests in Midwest schools (especially Notre Dame) as I recall reading somewhere else. It'll be interesting to see how it goes down.

VN Store

Back