Dooley is not the only one

Neyland2nd2none

Trying to make room with the new 25 scholarship rule.

Here's an article about a kid that was just told this weekend by Saban that he wouldn't be a part of bama's class. Two weeks before signing day.

Here's an article about a kid that was just told this weekend by Saban that he wouldn't be a part of bama's class. Two weeks before signing day.

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I know some might say that at least he's got a spot for next year on the team unlike DD who told kids to look elsewhere. I could be totally wrong but IMO Saban is just telling the kid that in hopes of him going somewhere else on his own. How else do you tell a kid that's been committed sin last Feb that he needs to find somewhere else to go.

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I know some might say that at least he's got a spot for next year on the team unlike DD who told kids to look elsewhere. I could be totally wrong but IMO Saban is just telling the kid that in hopes of him going somewhere else on his own. How else do you tell a kid that's been committed sin last Feb that he needs to find somewhere else to go.

Kid didn't play senior year due to knee surgery, he is not 100%, Alabama just won a 2nd NC in 3 years and looking at #1 class for 2012, so maybe still getting a chance to play at BAMA is worth it to him.

Sounds like waiting is the best course of action for both?

"The 5-foot-11, 208-pounder missed his senior season with a knee injury."

•What was your reaction? “I’m cool with it, as long as I get to Alabama and play. And, as long as I have more time to recover and get solid.”
•What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.

VN Store

Back