Franklin to Penn State Rumor

joshc

CONTRA MUNDUM
I know it is just a rumor going around, along with a bunch of other rumors, but wouldn't that be sweet. You gotta think Kiffin II (I mean Franklin) will follow his mentor's example at some point and leave for some "dream job". If there was any truth to the PSU rumor, then that great Vandy "wonder class" and all the swag would collapse like a deck of cards.

Reactions: 2 people
conan-shaq-dancing.gif

I've also heard Mullen and the MSU fans I know are basically resigned to it.

Again, this is just a rumor, so I don't have a credible source. I'm just taking a moment to imagine how great that would be amongst all our turmoil. A little comic relief would be nice.
But, I didn't just make it up, I follow TN Sports Radio on twitter and the tweet was: "Latest Rumor: James Franklin to Penn State...Dan Mullen also rumored to be in line for that job"
Again, I did put rumor in thread title.

Many around college football believe that Penn State will stay away from candidates with Paterno ties, but that may not be the case in the end. Interim coach Tom Bradley will get consideration, as will several coaches with PSU or state of Pennsylvania connections such as RutgersÂ’ Greg Schiano, Mississippi StateÂ’s Dan Mullen and VanderbiltÂ’s James Franklin. Other top candidates will include VirginiaÂ’s Mike London, Iowa StateÂ’s Paul Rhoads, HoustonÂ’s Kevin Sumlin and IowaÂ’s Kirk Ferentz.

Dan Mullen Leads Coaching Candidates at Penn State | AthlonSports.com

If ever a coaching job was toxic this is it. Almost feel sorry for who ever takes this opening.

I always thought Schiano would be the next coach after Patterno left. That was before this whole mess went down. It will be interesting to see if Schiano is still interested.

If ever a coaching job was toxic this is it. Almost feel sorry for who ever takes this opening.

Unless it's Franklin. I will never feel sorry for that POS. I hope he doesn't go there, because I can't wait to take a full team to Candyland next year and curb stomp his freakin brains out. And the next year and the next year and the next year........:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
I agree...I hope it isnt CJF because as the seniors and juniors are graduading his butt is not going to be able to cash what is coming out of his mouth...

He probably started the rumor himself to squeeze more money out of Vandy. I bet that Clay Travis talks about the Franklin to PSU rumor this afternoon and concludes by saying PSU would be stupid not to hire Franklin.

Just like Kiffin... It would be awesome if he waited until late January too.

Program-killing events only happen to UT. Penn State can support the raping of little boys and they won't miss a beat if they hire the right coach. Vanderbilt will be just good enough to be annoying for a couple of years.

I hope Franklin is at Candy next year. That way, it'll be even sweeter when we hang 50 on them next year. I want his bald arse to be around to enjoy that.

What has Dan Mullen done??? He has one good year and now he's up for the PSU job? He's the second coming of Schiano. That dude should have left Rutgers when he had a chance.

Vandy's already working on an extension for Franklin. I'm not saying it won't happen but it's unlikely.

I dont see it. Too much crap going down. At Vandy he makes a couple bowls in a row and they will name their junior college football stadium after him!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I think a lot of guys would have to say no to PSU before Franklin got an offer

Im not sure I would want an offer there for about 2 or 3 years tho, until whats going on calms down. May be a while. I think they hire a guy that may be a gap filler for a few years.

VN Store

Back