Missouri's SEC campaign

TrueOrange

The fans are in the middle of doing a big social media/email movement (think like the A&M SECede movement) to tell their school, board, president, etc

It's apparently been enough to get the mizzou board to meet next Tuesday to discuss issues of the school and conference

If you're one of the people who would like Mizzou to be the conference's 14th team, feel free to join in.

Mizzou2SEC
http://www.Mizzou2sec.com

Twitter (their twitter)

Deaton's Choice - A Campaign for Mizzou

Tigerboards (Mizzou Bball and Football message boards)
Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: Where Mizzou Fans Talk

Power Mizzou (Rivals)
Missouri Tigers Football: PowerMizzou.com

And others all have information about the arguments and people involved to message...I'm sure they'd probably appreciate any and all help they can get in driving this thing home in the next week (was given email addresses to add: muchancellor@missouri.edu, chancellor_office@missouri.edu)

From Mizzou2sec:

3 Ways You Can Help
October 1, 2011
(1) Email The Administration
(2) Email Governor Nixon
(3) Get Your Friends Involved

Every Voice Counts
(1) Email The Administration
Let the MU administration know you support a move to the SEC. You can use our Message To The Administration for ideas, or just include the link in a short message.

The recipients listed below are Chancellor Deaton, Interim UM President Owens, and the Board of Curators. You should be able to copy/paste the email addresses below into the "To" box, with semicolons included.

deatonb@missouri.edu; owenssj@umsystem.edu; boardofcurators@umsystem.edu; werdman@kcsouthern.com; davidb@newspressnow.com; ddowning@grgpc.com; don@elliscuppsandcole.com; jhaggard@semohealthnetwork.org; david.steward@wwt.com; craig@vanmatre.com

(2) Email Governor Nixon
Use our Message To The Governor or feel free to write your own.

You can email him at this link or send him a tweet like the following:

@MoGovJayNixon Get #Mizzou out of #Big12, into #SEC or #B1G >> Mizzou2SEC - A Social Media Campaign for Missouri to the SEC

(3) Get Your Friends Involved
Email this link to all your Mizzou friends. Post it on Facebook and Twitter. Ask every Mizzou fan you know to join the Mizzou2SEC campaign on Facebook and Twitter.

Time Table
The next few days are extremely important...

On Sunday, October 2nd, the Big 12 schools (presidents and chancellors) are meeting to do whatever they can to pressure our chancellor (Brady Deaton) into staying in the Big 12... and I imagine they'll be throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him.

On Tuesday, October 4th, the Missouri Board of Curators are meeting to vote on whether MU should "explore membership" in another conference. If the majority vote (out of 7) is "No", then we're stuck in the Big 12.

Key Players
As you might have guessed, the key decision makers in this process are 1) Chancellor Deaton, 2) the Board of Curators (BoC), and 3) Governor Nixon. Contrary to popular belief, Athletic Director Mike Alden and Head Football Coach Gary Pinkel have virtually no say in these matters. It all depends on what Deaton and the Curators decide to do. The Governor has some influence as well because 1) the Curators are appointed by his office, 2) MU is the state's flagship university and his alma mater, and 3) he's the governor!

Every Voice Counts
A few excerpts to show how much of an impact your emails and tweets have had...

"Trust me, Missouri fans, your campaign to push Mizzou to the SEC has made a difference. Now you've got to keep fighting for just a couple more weeks."
— Clay Travis in an article for Outkick The Coverage

"I've been told #Mizzou fan unrest with Big 12 is having impact on leadership's way of thinking. Continued discord with league a factor too."
— Dave Matter (on Twitter), Writer for Columbia Daily Tribune

"It may be up to #Mizzou fans to lead charge encouraging administration to choose #SEC. Public pressure was critical in #Aggies to SEC."
— Chadd Scott (on Twitter), Atlanta-based radio personality

From Tigerboard specifically: Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: If you want your voice heard...

Then you should really take the time to send an email to the decision makers in this matter. No matter what your position, I am sure that thoughtful, succinct, reasoned emails will receive much more consideration than raving, ranting missives.

Board of Curators:
werdman@kcsouthern.com
davidb@newspressnow.com
jhaggard@semohealthnetwork.org
david.steward@wwt.com
ddowning@grgpc.com
craig@vanmatre.com
don@elliscuppsandcole.com

MU Admin:
deatonb@missouri.edu
owenssj@umsystem.edu
aldenm@missouri.edu

*noting unfortunately the student representative curator doesn't get a vote in this

some debate about actually emailing the governor

also a 1,000 signature petition: http://mizsec.epetitions.net/

(mods if that's against any rules, tell me and i'll take them down)

Last edited:
Also, the Big 12 has set a meeting with Missouri's board next Monday to "convince Missouri to commit" (like the big 12 was going to do before aTm moved their meeting up by a week)

So any influx might help before this confrontation (or attempt at bullying)

No offense
Posted via VolNation Mobile

none taken.

A friend in grad school there asked me to post it here; they're trying to re-energize the campaign again since 1) the curator's board set a meeting and 2) the Big 12 is going to try to come in and bully them into staying (like they wanted to do with aTm, before aTm moved their meeting up a week)

(one of the reasons aTm stood by leaving was how strongly and loud the fan base were as proponents of it)

He just felt they could use/need all the support they could get

(mizzou probably should have scheduled that meeting later so they could move their meeting up like aTm, honestly)

Last edited:
I'm confident slive will make the right decision. It looks like that might be mizzou, but I don't know well enough to endorse them.

from where? knoxville?

Where else?

ayres_hall.jpg

I'm pro-Missouri to be the 14th addition. All the ACC schools are longshots and WVU is iffy to me.

Reactions: 1 person
Heck, bring this on. I would really like Mizzou to the SEC. My wife's family loves them. It would make for some great dinner conversations. I would be stoked if this happened.

Reactions: 1 person
agreed

hm, it's apparently also an hour longer of a trip from UF to Mizzou than it is to fayetteville, but it's still an hour shorter of a trip for USCe

Bring on Missouri. F WVU, F VT, bring in a team that wants to be here and isn't freakin trashy as hell. Missouri is that team and i hope like hell the SEC welcomes them in with open arms.

Reactions: 2 people
I would rather see Georgia Tech or Clemson, than Missouri. Tech used to be in the SEC and I'd love to see them come back!

I would rather see Georgia Tech or Clemson, than Missouri. Tech used to be in the SEC and I'd love to see them come back!

they walked out and gave us the middle finger, they've never wanted to come back since (especially with what the ACC affiliation does, in comparison, for their academic perception)

I want Missouri and I say forget going through this crap again a year later or 2 years down the road. jump in head first it is inevitable it will be at 16 eventually so why waste time with 14 temporarily. Texas A&M is in so add Missouri to join them and east lets get West Virginia (academics dont bother me I dont pay to go watch future doctors. i go to games to watch guys do things I cant do like knock peoples heads off). Also insert South Florida as they would be a Big east team we could get for free probably like WV as Big east implodes. South florida could get SEC in Tampa area and they have been very competitive in football and would take another step if invited to the SEC. As a side note kids who want to play in the SEC would have an alternate choice besides the Gators which would even out the talent. Obviously they are no Miami or Florida State but with the ACC buyouts I doubt they are leaving.

Last edited:
I want Missouri and I say forget going through this crap again a year later or 2 years down the road. jump in head first it is inevitable it will be at 16 eventually so why waste time with 14 temporarily. Texas A&M is in so add Missouri to join them and east lets get West Virginia (academics dont bother me I dont pay to go watch future doctors. i go to games to watch guys do things I cant do like knock peoples heads off). Also insert South Florida as they would be a Big east team we could get for free probably like WV as Big east implodes. South florida could get SEC in Tampa area and they have been very competitive in football and would take another step if invited to the SEC. As a side note kids who want to play in the SEC would have an alternate choice besides the Gators which would even out the talent. Obviously they are no Miami or Florida State but with the ACC buyouts I doubt they are leaving.

WVU and S Florida? WTF? LOL

they bother the SEC school presidents and they're the ones who have to approve these moves

also it'd take a hard sell towards them on a school where an old woman and a pregnant lady just got beaten up (sorry, allegedly)

...also someone said something in a blog about expecting them to pee off the upper levels of the stadium

VN Store

Back