Conference Realignments

berry4heisman77

I know all this stuff is up in the air now, but with Syracuse and Pitt being voted on approval to the ACC tomowrow. Plus the Texas and OU rumors with the Pac-12. I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I've always prefered for the conferences to stay at 12 I think 12 teams works the best. But, if the SEC ends up getting Texas A&M in. I believe the most logical move would be to try and go after Texas to get to 14. You would keep the A&M and Texas rivalry. You could also move Alabama and Auburn to the East and it would keep that rivalry alive plus the UT/Bama rivalry. And lastly it would make the most sense for geographical boundaries. I know there are issues with the Longhorn network, but I hate it when conferences go outside of geographical boundaries. like the rumors of Kansas to the ACC and TCU going to the Big East makes no Sense. Any thoughts?

sigh

TEXAS DOESNT WANT TO COME HERE BECAUSE WE WON'T GIVE THEM THEIR OWN TELEVISION NETWORK!

(sorry, but this sometimes comes up....actually alot)

Also TCU going to the big east is not a rumor, they agreed last season to join the big east in 2012

Also TCU going to the big east is not a rumor, they agreed last season to join the big east in 2012

Yea I know that is why i said TCU leaving meaning they already left i guess it was worded a little weird tho. I guess throwing it in there with all the other "rumors" made it seem like that, but I did because I thought it was the stupidest thing when they announced it last year. And I know Texas has a stick up their butt about the Lonhorn network and doesn't really want a part of the SEC because of it, but I was giving my best scenario.

Last edited:
Cold day in hell before texas joins tamu in the sec. Acc is stacking up, so I'd say their teams are off limits. Sec goes for missouri, west virginia and... No idea for who else to join.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Cold day in hell before texas joins tamu in the sec. Acc is stacking up, so I'd say their teams are off limits. Sec goes for missouri, west virginia and... No idea for who else to join.

the only worry I'd have now is if this syracuse & Pitt move wakes up the Big 10...they're kind of after/considering alot of the same teams we are

would have rather the big 12 fall apart first before the ACC started making moves

Not sure Pitt and Syr are considered "Stacking up", but it does add a couple more whipping boys for FSU, VT and Miami.

Also, wonder if the ACC move had any connection (as a response or whatever) to the FSU news

I think pitt could compete in tHe acc with a good hire.

Acc just expanded their tv market in a big way though.

I also wonder where the SEC stands in this. Did we put to much time into getting A&M and not thinking ahead. Now we are going to have to add a few bottom feeders to get to 16, because that is where we are headed.

Keep your eyes open for Monday. The big Earthquake is coming.

Missouri would be a solid addition, imo considering fsu, va tech, clemson and all the nc schools are effectively off the table.

Assuming tamu is in, mizzou and wvu look like the two best options after that.

Keep your eyes open for Monday. The big Earthquake is coming.

Agreed, but where does the SEC stand in this. Picking up the leftovers? We don't need to add anymore bottom feeders. But then again, with 4, 16 team conferences and a playoff system, it will not matter.

It's not about bottom feeders or powerhouses. It's about tv markets. Missouri brings a crap ton of tv sets with them.

Reactions: 1 person
I would be ok with Mizzou, WVU and Tamu. Then who is number 16? Louisville? If the Big East is crumbling, pluck what they have. No idea, just a guess.

It's not about bottom feeders or powerhouses. It's about tv markets. Missouri brings a crap ton of tv sets with them.

Always has been and will be. I just don't want to see the SEC weaken itself by adding the leftovers. But as I said earlier. With 16 team major conferences a playoff looms, so it really will not matter.

Missouri would be a solid addition, imo considering fsu, va tech, clemson and all the nc schools are effectively off the table.

Assuming tamu is in, mizzou and wvu look like the two best options after that.

if monday brings Texas and OU leaving, Mizzou could be a get barring the Big 10 feeling it needs to try to make a move

then it really becomes 50-50

Agreed, but where does the SEC stand in this. Picking up the leftovers? We don't need to add anymore bottom feeders. But then again, with 4, 16 team conferences and a playoff system, it will not matter.

A&M obviously. I also see WVU as a very possible addition. Two other possible additions could be Missouri and Va Tech with NC State, FSU, and Clemson as longshot possibilities.

The SEC will be able to get to 16.

I would be ok with Mizzou, WVU and Tamu. Then who is number 16? Louisville? If the Big East is crumbling, pluck what they have. No idea, just a guess.

yeah, if that were to happen would probably depend on what happens with the Big East

I guess USF or - if the BE is falling apart - TCU? Though I really could never see the SEC taking the latter.

I'm not sure i'd expect us to hit 16 quite yet. I get the feeling 14 by 2012 is/was the goal

A&M obviously. I also see WVU as a very possible addition. Two other possible additions could be Missouri and Va Tech with NC State, FSU, and Clemson as longshot possibilities.

The SEC will be able to get to 16.

I don't see anyone plucking from the ACC. Aside from their new additions, they upped their conference buyout from 12mil to 20 mil, just this week.

I don't see anyone plucking from the ACC. Aside from there new additions, they upped their conference buyout from 12mil to 20 mil, just this week.

Me neither but I still included them as possibilities eventhough they are longshots.

I don't see anyone plucking from the ACC. Aside from there new additions, they upped their conference buyout from 12mil to 20 mil, just this week.

ok, nm earlier then. the reaction to the FSU "realignment comission" seems to have been the upping of the buyout

VN Store

Back