1016 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Goodbye Oregon Football Page 52. within the forum Around the NCAA. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #766
MaehlMan

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountVolcula View Post
I didnt feel like listing every CFB sportscaster, so I used him.

Like him or not, he knows his stuff.
I'll respectfully disagree, my Transylvolnian friend.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #767
JayVols

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Just give it up

We are not the only ones saying this. Mark May has said the same thing that me, droski, and the others have said.

I can guarantee that if it was OSU or any other PAC 12 team, you would be screaming that they were cheating.

But you want to turn a blind eye and deny any cheating by your team.

You are whats wrong with CFB now. The win at all cost fan. You would sell your soul to the devil to win.

Winning the right way is the only way. If you have to cheat to win, then its not really worth it
Solid as hell! (Pun intended)
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #768
OrangeDog
NSD---February 7th, 2018

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton4prez View Post
No. I don't think of this as a 50/50 coin flip. I think of it as a situation under murky rules. So, it could be ruled either way. In order to place odds on it, I'd have to know the NCAA process and people involved better. From what I know, they don't seem very consistent in their rulings.

Others can pretend to know what the NCAA will do. I'm not willing to do that.

90% of America thought Cam Newton wouldn't play in the NC game. Didn't really have much bearing on anything.

You have posted no rule that clearly indicates that Lyles can't give a time for when recruits want to visit. You are arbitrarily determining what is and is not "recruiting". As I've pointed out before, reading it as loosely as you do creates the taxi driver problem. Essentially, an unreasonable interpretation of the rules that doesn't serve their intent.
90% of America feels that the Anthony mother was guilty too. The jury said she wasn't, but 90 % of the jury thought she was,,,,,, but didn't have proof.

Oregon = Anthony

Not sure if NCAA will FIND them guilty, but they are.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #769
CountVolcula
Eternal Vol

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaehlMan View Post
I'll respectfully disagree, my Transylvolnian friend.
I respectfully acknowledge your disagreement and forgive you

"If there is no possible way to screw it up, we will find a way" UT ADMIN
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #770
JayVols

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaehlMan View Post
Using Mark May to strengthen your argument probably isn't the smartest idea.
It'sssssth better than Lou Holtzssssssth.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #771
PalardyLikeARockstar
VN's Cafeteria Lady

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
I have to say, I had no idea we had this many oargun fans on this board.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #772
justingroves
13-14 in handshakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange parmejohn View Post
so does this tie LSU in this mess or are these legit transactions. 6 grand for some highlight tapes seems steep.
6 grand seems steep, but it's about average for "scouting reports".
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #773
BearCat204
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDog View Post
90% of America feels that the Anthony mother was guilty too. The jury said she wasn't, but 90 % of the jury thought she was,,,,,, but didn't have proof.

Oregon = Anthony

Not sure if NCAA will FIND them guilty, but they are.

Wut?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #774
wheaton4prez

Quote:
Just give it up
Give up my opinion? No. Why should I? Why does it upset you so much that I disagree with you on this issue?

The answer is obvious, because you want to see Oregon punished for personal reasons and that is driving your perspective on this issue.

Quote:
We are not the only ones saying this. Mark May has said the same thing that me, droski, and the others have said.
And there are many others saying the same thing that I am. The rules are murky. Charles Robinson, the guy who broke this story, says that it's unclear if Oregon broke any rules. Even John Canzano who hates Oregon and is trying to make this look bad agrees that there is a lot of wiggle room in the rules.

I could go on and on listing people who have said things in agreement with me. However, I'm not like you in thinking that that is a good way to try and support an argument. I stand on the merits of reason and evidence. Not appeals to anecdotal and inconsequential agreement.

Quote:
I can guarantee that if it was OSU or any other PAC 12 team, you would be screaming that they were cheating.
No. You can't guarantee that.

Quote:
But you want to turn a blind eye and deny any cheating by your team.
No. I simply don't have a vendetta against Oregon as you and a few others do. Some of the people saying that Oregon cheated would say that Chip Kelly lied if he said that he wanted his eggs over medium for breakfast.

Quote:
You are whats wrong with CFB now. The win at all cost fan. You would sell your soul to the devil to win.
Yes. Because I have a different opinion about whether or not something is clearly cheating, I'm whats wrong with CFB. Now you're getting desperate.

Quote:
Winning the right way is the only way. If you have to cheat to win, then its not really worth it
Thank you CountVolcula of Nazareth.

I'm not for cheating either. My point is that it's not clear whether or not Oregon did cheat. The rules need to be shored up on this issue so that there is no gray area.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #775
wheaton4prez

Let's be honest CountVolcula. Your beef with Oregon isn't due to that meandering explanation about how fans are supposed to be. This is the real reason that you "know" Oregon cheated.

Last edited by wheaton4prez; 07-10-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #776
wheaton4prez

This is why droski "knows" Oregon cheated.

And this is why he shouldn't really have much to say about cheating at all, unless it's an apology.

The reason why Oregon State "knows" Oregon cheated is probably the ugliest of all. Should I post that? Don't get me started on the Huskies "evidence." ;)

Last edited by wheaton4prez; 07-10-2011 at 01:52 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #777
IPorange

Wheaton, your posts in this thread have been nonsensical. You're basically saying this is all sour grapes. Get over yourself. Your team is no Ohio State, for starters.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #778
lylsmorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPorange View Post
Wheaton, your posts in this thread have been nonsensical. You're basically saying this is all sour grapes. Get over yourself. Your team is no Ohio State, for starters.
You mean a team that isn't a johnny come lately in every sense of the word? (Team, coach, fanbase)

They are like Ohio State in the sense that the NCAA is about to murder them. Metaphorically speaking.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #779
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Quote:
That's actually good news for them possibly. Emmert seems bent on punishing high profile teams to make his statement clear. Oregon, while decent for a little while and great lately, isn't as high profile as USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, tOSU or even Tennessee. It's going to be interesting to see what he does to Oregon and North Carolina.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #780
wheaton4prez

Quote:
Incorrect. I am saying that, for some people, their reaction is driven by sour grapes. They've made that clear with their own words in this thread. Of course, the genesis of the story was not due to the sour grapes fans I'm referring to.
Reply With Quote TOP