2367 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Goodbye Oregon Football Page 12. within the forum Around the NCAA. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #166
onevol74

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Grizz View Post
This is the price you pay for instant sucsess. Please correct me if Im wrong, Say what you want about Coach Fulmer but Im glad he kept it clean for the most part. And Coach Dooley will do the same.
Fulmer never built a program. He had one handed to him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #167
UTMVol76
Phil this!

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
So, when the dust settles, this will make us 7-6 from last year, right?

(small victories)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #168
onevol74

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTMVol76 View Post
So, when the dust settles, this will make us 7-6 from last year, right?

(small victories)
I think you void the loses. 6-5.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #169
 milohimself 
RIP CITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GahLee View Post
What the Hell were they thinking when writing these letters? Have they never heard of a throw-away phone?

Allegations aside, they deserve to be fired for just being complete morons in how they handled their cheating ways. Unreal.
All one has to do is watch Season 1 of the Wire to learn how to cheat... As the great Clay Davis once said:

YouTube Link

On behalf of VN, I got on facebook, made a wall post with @ of four of my friends who are the biggest Duck fans and highly popular local profiles (so it reaches the largest Duck fan audience possible) and told them all "Ducks are about to get it in all holes, hope you've all enjoyed the ride."
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #170
GoVols2003
Solid Verbal

We sure do look smart for scheduling the return game to Oregon in '13. If the 'AA hits them hard, they will be feeling the effects by then.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #171
865dude

Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football Goodbye Oregon Football
No one follows the rules anymore. Just turn college football into a hardcore match anything goes!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #172
HawaiiVol
Valid Victorian

Let me be the first to welcome you back to SEC/BCS status. UT is back, baby!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #173
HawaiiVol
Valid Victorian

Good ol' LSUFreek
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #174
wheaton4prez

You guys may be right that the hammer is coming.

I'm not sure that it's as cut and dry as some of you think, though.

It's not against the rules to pay for helpful information from scouts. It's also not against the rules for a scout to give helpful information to athletes.

The area that could be a major violation is receiving help in the recruiting process. Lyles denies steering recruits for any program. The activities that could be seen as helping the recruiting process are "scheduling and driving coaches around to visits." However, if driving coaches around is a violation, wouldn't hiring a taxi during a recruiting trip also be a violation? What if a parent or even some random dude who happens to answer the phone at a recruits house schedules a HS meeting? Is that a violation also?

The rules don't make it very clear when an act goes from an ok service to one that is "part of" the recruiting process beyond what scouts are allowed to do.

Given Kelly's letter, Lyles appearing publicly with staff and recruits multiple times, etc. it suggests that Oregon thought it was working within the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droski View Post
$5K. and he seems to indicate we expected recruiting info from him.
So, your idea is that he was a cheater by day, legit recruiting service by night? That's fanciful.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 05:33 AM   #175
HawaiiVol
Valid Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton4prez View Post
You guys may be right that the hammer is coming.

I'm not sure that it's as cut and dry as some of you think, though.

It's not against the rules to pay for helpful information from scouts. It's also not against the rules for a scout to give helpful information to athletes.

The area that could be a major violation is receiving help in the recruiting process. Lyles denies steering recruits for any program. The activities that could be seen as helping the recruiting process are "scheduling and driving coaches around to visits." However, if driving coaches around is a violation, wouldn't hiring a taxi during a recruiting trip also be a violation? What if a parent or even some random dude who happens to answer the phone at a recruits house schedules a HS meeting? Is that a violation also?

The rules don't make it very clear when an act goes from an ok service to one that is "part of" the recruiting process beyond what scouts are allowed to do.

Given Kelly's letter, Lyles appearing publicly with staff and recruits multiple times, etc. it suggests that Oregon thought it was working within the rules.

So, your idea is that he was a cheater by day, legit recruiting service by night? That's fanciful.
It's ok, we understand completely how you want to trust your coaching staff, but since you didn't read the articles linked in the thread, I'll leave this here for ya.

Will Lyles says Oregon paid him for 'access and influence with recruits' - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

Lyles influenced the recruiting process, and the rather large payments doled out for his services (well beyond what was on his website) with an Oregon check won't turn out well methinks.

I guess you glossed over the hand written letters from the coaches thanking him for bringing the recruits out, huh? If he was just providing scouting reports, doesn't that seem a bit, odd?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #176
wheaton4prez

Thank you. I have read the article you linked to. Whatever influence Lyles had on the recruiting process, he denies steering recruits to any program:

Quote:
Mostly, he swears he never steered any player anywhere, let alone five-star Temple, Texas running back Lache Seastrunk to Oregon in 2010.
Scout Will Lyles: Villain or victim? - College Football - Rivals.com

What else does that leave in regard to his involvement with Oregon's recruiting process? Driving coaches around and scheduling meetings.

I guess you didn't read where I directly addressed the hand written letters. They suggest that Oregon did not think that what Lyles was doing for them was outside of the rules. Given the gray area that the rules leave, it doesn't seem odd to me.

Again, you may be right. Might not turn out well. I just don't think it's as clear cut as you think.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #177
AndyMizunogolfer

Was it me or did the writing on those two notes look the same?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #178
Spartacavolus
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMizunogolfer View Post
Was it me or did the writing on those two notes look the same?
Already analyzed it. Looked at G's, A's and D's. Its just in green and on a same card so it appears the same.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 06:53 AM   #179
volinasheville

Does the Junior League run the Ducks Athletic Department? Handwritten thank you notes to people you pay? The check should have been thanks enough.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #180
Godfatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatvol96 View Post
Allowing Newton to play as a way of appeasing the TV gods is certainly no guarantee Auburn isn't still in the crosshairs.
Just helps expose the NCAA for what they are. They absolutely have to do something in the Auburn case now. Eyes are upon them.
Reply With Quote TOP