UT/UF freshman playing time discussion

HialeahGator

lol at ALL the internet Florida is doomed,the ship is falling etc.....guess its creditable since it came from a UT homer and not a Nole.

lol at ALL the internet Florida is doomed,the ship is falling etc.....guess its creditable since it came from a UT homer and not a Nole.

credible..... and unfortunately, it was just a few years ago that we were denying the inevitable as well.. Give it another year or two and see who is "lol'ing"

Your problems are nowhere near as tough as UT's right now but you do have issues.

I think Meyer's staff is pretty weak when compared to what he had in guys like Strong, Mullen, Holliday, etc. His great recruiting has also trapped him between two styles of offensive play... one of which he isn't showing alot of competence with.

UF probably has the most talented team in the SEC or at worst second. They shouldn't have 3 losses. Your D should be virtually immovable.

I wouldn't say doomed or sinking but there are problems.

Your problems are nowhere near as tough as UT's right now but you do have issues.

I think Meyer's staff is pretty weak when compared to what he had in guys like Strong, Mullen, Holliday, etc. His great recruiting has also trapped him between two styles of offensive play... one of which he isn't showing alot of competence with.

UF probably has the most talented team in the SEC or at worst second. They shouldn't have 3 losses. Your D should be virtually immovable.

I wouldn't say doomed or sinking but there are problems.[/QUOT Coaching turnovers, scheme and lack of leadership are at the top of my list but the injury bug hit us hard this season also. Gator Bytes blog: University of Florida | The Palm Beach Post Blog Archive Comprehensive Florida Gators injury report

I won't shed a tear for you over that. You've had top 10 recruiting classes for 5 years running, right? It should be plug and play for UF.

UT is down 10+ scholarship players and has been hit with critical injuries as well.

It will be interesting to see if Meyer is like Fulmer to any degree... giving asst's too many chances before cutting them loose. I don't think he's had to send anyone like a coordinator packing, has he?

Not really when you plugging freshmen it not that easy. I hope this is the year with Steve,Drayton(again) and Scott Loeffler.

Not really when you plugging freshmen it not that easy. I hope this is the year with Steve,Drayton(again) and Scott Loeffler.

I have my doubts about "stars" but according to Rivals... alot of your freshmen are "sure things". UT is playing as many if not more freshmen who were supposed not as good. Bama has played Fr, So Car has and is, USC did,...

It sounds like you are excusing the staff.

I'm sorry but Meyer and his staff aren't doing a very good job right now.

We have played more freshmen than any other program and yes, we only have lost to Bama, LSU and MSU but I think they have done a good for the most part...its the veterans that have been the letdown this season.

UTs freshman are getting so many more reps than Florida's. That's what's gonna help us down the road.

UTs freshman are getting so many more reps than Florida's. That's what's gonna help us down the road.

I know you guys are playing three or four on the OL plus Hunter, Rogers and Neal but we got at least 10 getting reps also during the LSU game I remember hearing we have played the most freshmen this season.

Last edited:
I know you guys are playing three or four on the OL plus Hunter, Rogers and Neal but we got at least 10 getting reps also during the LSU game I remember hearing we have played the most freshmen this season.

You all have played 1 or 2 more freshman than us, but I will bet my life the reps isn't even close. When you factor in redshirt freshman, I am quite positive the gap widens.

playing mostly defense but Clark, Gerald and Burton...and most of the defense class has gotten on the field.

Okay, well you just named our offensive players so I was making sure.

Defensively, Miller has started. Smith and Propst have seen serious reps and Crump, Sapp, and Brewer have seen reps.

The thing is you guys arent playing freshman in crucial spots such as starting OT and starting DT like we are
Posted via VolNation Mobile
are you starting two fresham DT's? I know Floyd has started atleast three games but we only signed three OL last cycle only Silberman has seen some PT...he should be playing more imo.

are you starting two fresham DT's? I know Floyd has started atleast three games but we only signed three OL last cycle only Silberman has seen some PT...he should be playing more imo.

No. Corey Miller, a natural DE, has started one game inside for us. Last Saturday we started a RS Frosh who was playing OL at the start of fall camp.

No. Miller (a DE lol) started at DT twice and Ayers (a redshirt freshman) has started the last 2 games at DT.

JaWuan, Schofield, Stone, and Fulton have all been getting HUGE minutes on the OL. I dunno if Fulton has officially started, but he has been switching in for Shaw every other series for the past 2 or 3 games. JaWuan has started every game. Schofield started the first 3 or 4 then got hurt. Stone has started the last 2 or 3.

There could be 6 or more freshmen on the field for us on offense this Saturday. I don't feel sorry for you HG. Y'all got issues, but not like us... We are VERY young.

There could be 6 or more freshmen on the field for us on offense this Saturday. I don't feel sorry for you HG. Y'all got issues, but not like us... We are VERY young.
Don't...I feel like the youngster have been outplaying many of the older guys. I understand if some of them are upset about not being out there more...IMHO they should be

What you are hearing is incorrect. UT starts two true Fr on the OL and the sixth guy is a Fr. Of the 8 OL's who have played competitive minutes this year, six weren't on the roster last year. D Rogers and Hunter are in the five man rotation at WR. Neal is the #2 RB now. Fugate has played. In addition, Simms, Gooch, and Rivera are new to the program. Ten of the 17 or so O players that make up UT's real two deep (UT literally does not have 10 SEC worthy OL's right now) weren't in K'ville this time last year.

Gordon, Sapp, Propst, Crump, Ayers, Miller, and Smith have played competitive minutes on D. Ayers and Miller have started. Smith and Gordon play alot.

UT had 17 freshmen participate vs UGA and LSU.

I would love to say that UF would stay down... but I don't believe it. However, UF has issues right now (would be alot of fun if UT weren't in much worse shape). If Meyer refuses to do something with his staff after this season, we could hear gator fans talking about how he's lost "it".

VN Store

Back