#1 Kansas vs #9 N. Iowa

Wimberlake

Northern Iowa up 17-9 with 12:30 left in the 1st half.

UNI winning would be a huge advantage if UT gets past the Sweet 16.

If Kansas wasn't hitting so many three's they'd be getting their a** handed to them.

31-24 with 4 min to go in first half.

Considering how insane this tournament has been, this is not surprising.

UNI is good. Like Butler good with a big man a few years back. When they had that little nerd. Looked like a mouse. Was real small and frail. Either way, UNI is just that with more shooters and an awesome big man.

Go UNI!

42-32 UNI
15:26

I have seen entirely too many of these to believe it or get excited until northern iowa wins.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Could things be falling into place for us?

Could be. Although I think UNI is a similar version of Kansas... only better. Hard to believe but their big guy is just like aldrich only can shoot. Their shooters can shoot better. Kansas has Collins over them. That's it.

Could be. Although I think UNI is a similar version of Kansas... only better. Hard to believe but their big guy is just like aldrich only can shoot. Their shooters can shoot better. Kansas has Collins over them. That's it.

:crazy:

I have seen entirely too many of these to believe it or get excited until northern iowa wins.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I concur. I thought UT should beat Ohio but was nervous. I was confident up by 10 in the final 10 minutes but still nervous. I feel the same way about UNI though to be honest. They have the work horses and fire power to win this. I'd rather play them over Kansas if UT gets that far but UNI is about as good. Very similar. You're seeing it right now and they are out working them playing a similar game.

Kansas,

#1. make UNI put the ball on the floor.

#2. stop trying to win the game with a 10 point shot with 13:00 minutes to play. work your offense and you will score at will cuz they can't guard you for more than 20 seconds if you move the ball.

do #1 and #2 and you win.

if you don't... the vols will happily take your place in the final 4.

It happens. They are from a smaller conference so you don't see them much but their team right now might be better than Butler ever was. Butler has always been the underdog but has recently become quite popular. They fit in with the top dogs. UNI is one of the top dogs but doesn't get the recognition.

Funny thing is, the guy who was in the lead in the ESPN bracket challenge yesterday had UNI beating Kansas.

Funny thing is, the guy who was in the lead in the ESPN bracket challenge yesterday had UNI beating Kansas.

Exactly. People think UNI doing this type of damage is crazy but they bury shots and scrap for rebounds. Perfect on defense and solid overall. Go UNI!

VN Store

Back