'10 TN OL O.C. Brown

Lots of OL offers so far. Kiffin wants to pair the 2010 QB(s) with a big O-line class.

I also saw a comment that Rodregus Scruggs could challenge O.C. for the title of best lineman prospect out of Memphis. That has yet to be proven.

There's a great deal of buzz around Tennessee as we wrap up this week. I expect a huge lineman class and when we get our first QB early, as Kiffin has alluded to, we're going to get some huge WR/RB prospects.

Would love to have him...maybe he can be one those Memphis kids we do get!

Last edited:
This kid is phenomenal. If you watch the video on youtube, you will see he has been playing right tackle and pulling from that position. He beats the backs to the corner. Great feet and speed.

This is a must have.

Good prospect. Like everyone has repeatedly said we need alot of OL, so getting him would def help out!

I also saw a comment that Rodregus Scruggs could challenge O.C. for the title of best lineman prospect out of Memphis. That has yet to be proven.

There's a great deal of buzz around Tennessee as we wrap up this week. I expect a huge lineman class and when we get our first QB early, as Kiffin has alluded to, we're going to get some huge WR/RB prospects.

It doesn't matter who is better; get them both:rock::rock:

I can't believe this dude ways 315 as fleet-footed as he is in this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/skD_dX5VoO0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/skD_dX5VoO0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

From GVX:

"We showed him the tape, and Coach Kiffin's words were: 'Bill, it's important to me that you and O.C. get the message that the first school I visited as the head coach at the University of Tennessee was Manassas, and that's because of O.C.'
Since being featured in a Dec. 5 article on Rivals.com, a national recruiting service, Brown was also invited to Junior Day at Louisiana State University, Ole Miss and the University of Memphis.

He was also selected for January's U.S. Army National Combine in San Antonio, where Brown apparently stood out among 500 of the nation's top underclassmen.

"He had an impressive showing at the U.S. Army All-American Combine," Rivals.com analyst Carlos Younger wrote. "Brown's speed and mobility are rare for an athlete who is more than 300 pounds."
"He never slows down, like a Mack truck, and he doesn't lose velocity or speed. He just keeps going," Manassas head coach Tommy Warren said. "He's one of those rare lineman that you just don't find every day. To be that big and that agile is something special."

link

I'd love to see this guy in Orange. I hope we can get him next year. He'd fit well in the new offensive scheme.

If you have a rivals account, you HAVE to check out the Army AA junior combine film of the OL vs. DL...he's on into the vid a bit, but he's without doubt in my mind the best looking lineman on that video. He's a phenom, and if our staff doesn't get him in orange then it will be a major tragedy.

I was hearing about this kid several months ago over at CoachT.

This kid is a man-child.What's scary is he is doing this off of pure natural ability.I can't imagine what he will be like once he gets a good O-line coach working with him and gets him all waxed & polished up.......he will be a monster!

Ive saw a couple vidoes of him on youtube, the kid is a beast! We have to get him in orange.

"Me and (Manassas forward/Ole Miss signee Reginald Buckner are real close friends," Brown said Sunday afternoon. " On the basketball court, he looks to get me shots. He knows he can score, so he wants to get me involved. He's telling me he wants me to come on to Ole Miss, so I'm thinking about it. I'm going to look into it."

In fact, Brown has already started looking into it. He made the 75-minute trip to Oxford on Jan. 31 for the Rebels' first junior day, and Brown liked what he saw and heard.

According to Rivals LSU and Ole Miss are all over this guy but Southern Miss is his only offer. It also states he went to Jr. Day @ AL and going to LSU next weekend (same as ours). What are we waiting on here? Why haven't we offered? Must be some reason?

What are we waiting on here? Why haven't we offered? Must be some reason?

I know Kiffin went to OC's school during his first Memphis trip and I believe he spoke to his h.s. coach, but I am surprised an offer isn't out there.

The best theory I've heard is that we should expect an early commitment to Tennessee if he's offered, and the staff wants to be 100% certain OC's their guy before tendering an offer.

If you believe that, then the staff is going through final preparations before trying to secure a firm commitment that neither party will second-guess.

Last edited:
WOW!!!! If that's true then who are they waiting for? This kid is legit in every way possible. Kinda hope ut doesn't offer, maybe he can go else where.

named his top-5 in a new TN Varsity article---

LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Ole Miss and OU/OK State tied for 5th.

VN Store

Back