| || || |
10 Trap '08-'09 Hoops Predictions.
| || |
07-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by hatvol96
Since there are a number of prediction threads floating around various sites, I figured I'd take a shot at it.
1. Arizona will tank and Lute Olson will retire in disgrace.
2. Texas El Paso and Southern Miss will finally give Memphis some competition at the top of C-USA.
3. The Big East will send 9 teams to the NCAA Tournament.
4. Demar DeRozan will have the most impact among freshmen.
5. Indiana will lose 20 games.
6. UNLV will win 25 or more games.
7. Florida will rebound and be a top 12 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
8. St. John's will fire Norm Roberts.
9. Purdue will fall far short of their lofty preseason ranking.
10. Oklahoma State will be one of the nation's surprise teams.
I tend to agree with your take on Arizona. I had previously thought that you were a Lute Olsen fan. I must have been mistaken.
With respect to Florida being a top 12 seed in the NCAA tournament, I'm assuming you mean you think they'll be a #3 seed or better. Is that a correct interpretation of your post? They would almost have to be at least a #12 seed or better if they make the tournament at all, so I'm assuming that you mean one of the top 12 overall seeds = #3 seed or better.
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Memphis is like the Patriots, they have a weak schedule but can beat anybody on any day. You cant judge their talent by the schedule.