Gotta give a little love to Recruit Bryce Petty as well

Looks like there could be some good competition for that starting spot. Hopefully it will just make them both better.

I thought he had a pretty good throwing motion. Uses the pump fake well.

He looks legit. I especially like the play where he did the Tebow move and faked like he was going to run only to step back and throw it. However, was he ever under center? Does he know how to take 3 or 5 step drops besides only playing in shotgun?

I don't live too far from Midlothian and may have to make a drive up there for a game.

rexvol, you're right. When was the last time a 3* recruit started at UT. Never! It will never happened. Unless he becomes 6'5, 220 and becomes Peyton Manning it will never happen. Imagine the haters if we started a 3* recruit. That would be fun.

well he may never start but he plays ball south of Dallas so Im going to watch him play a couple of games this fall just to see what he has in his bag.

It may be a clipboard or it might be a gator club.

:rock:

rexvol, you're right. When was the last time a 3* recruit started at UT. Never! It will never happened. Unless he becomes 6'5, 220 and becomes Peyton Manning it will never happen. Imagine the haters if we started a 3* recruit. That would be fun.

Please tell me your joking.

I don't really look at stars as much as I look at who else has offered. Remind me who else offered him? Look I'm not downing the guy, he may be the greatest qb since BJ Coleman, but his commit didn't exactly fire me up.

i like the nunes pickup, but seriously we were the only bcs school that offered him. I'm not kidding, career backup. Nobody was recruiting him. rexvol's right this didn't fire me up at all either. I think we could have had a mobile qb like jordan reed who clawson could use just to change the pace, could make an impact, but instead we wasted a scholarship on Petty. No offense to the kid but I'm sorry i think this was a bad pickup. Him and JerQuari Scholfield that nobody heard of except Fulmer when he came to a camp. That's was a waste also. Other than that i really like our recruiting class.

Have you got any clips of him carrying a clipboard?

The kid doesnÂ’t deserve to be bagged-on before heÂ’s even taken a snap as a senior in high school! The kid is a future VolunteerÂ…..show him a little respect!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Nebraksa offered him. And he looks better than Casey Kelly did IMO. I'm glad we got the kid. Welcome aboard!

Petty will not hand over the job lightly to Nunes. Stars don't mean everything. When they step on campus they are both unproven freshmen.

i like the nunes pickup, but seriously we were the only bcs school that offered him. I'm not kidding, career backup. Nobody was recruiting him. rexvol's right this didn't fire me up at all either. I think we could have had a mobile qb like jordan reed who clawson could use just to change the pace, could make an impact, but instead we wasted a scholarship on Petty. No offense to the kid but I'm sorry i think this was a bad pickup. Him and JerQuari Scholfield that nobody heard of except Fulmer when he came to a camp. That's was a waste also. Other than that i really like our recruiting class.

Come on, stop the underhanded comments for crying out loud. You don't think any true freshman will contribute next year and your badmouthing our new recruits. Get a clue, you have no clue.

Come on, stop the underhanded comments for crying out loud. You don't think any true freshman will contribute next year and your badmouthing our new recruits. Get a clue, you have no clue.

Okay, look i have a clue. I have all summer to get a clue and look at what i've heard. I said i really like the recruiting class coming up. But 08' class who will contribute. Tell me, who will make an impact? none of our freshman will. Petty might give nunes some competion, but i remember bj colemean was supposed to push crompton hard... and that never happened. Stephens also, never happened. The 09 class looks really good so far, but i'm not buying petty.

Okay, look i have a clue. I have all summer to get a clue and look at what i've heard. I said i really like the recruiting class coming up. But 08' class who will contribute. Tell me, who will make an impact? none of our freshman will. Petty might give nunes some competion, but i remember bj colemean was supposed to push crompton hard... and that never happened. Stephens also, never happened. The 09 class looks really good so far, but i'm not buying petty.

We're not asking you to 'buy into' him. Just don't bash the guy a year and a half before he gets to campus.

Look, I hope the kid gets the clipboard heisma, but I'm a realist and this was a major reach on our part. By the way, using a nebraska offer as a way to validate a qb recruit is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Look, I hope the kid gets the clipboard heisma, but I'm a realist and this was a major reach on our part. By the way, using a nebraska offer as a way to validate a qb recruit is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Because Nebraska has a long history of crappy Quarterback s right? Maybe you should check the history books.

No matter what your opinion is on a recruit....there is no reason to take cheap shots at a kid that hasn't even suited up yet for his senior season of high school.....IMO...it's petty classless.

Bryce welcome aboard & GO VOLS!!!!!

No matter what your opinion is on a recruit....there is no reason to take cheap shots at a kid that hasn't even suited up yet for his senior season of high school.....IMO...it's petty classless.

Bryce welcome aboard & GO VOLS!!!!!

Well said

I'm going to make the 3 hour drive and check out a Midlothian game this fall to see this kid in person.

No cheap shot. I just don't think this kid will ever play outside of the orange and white game. Remind me of the great nebraska qb's that passed the ball. Yeah, NU is qb U, please.

Because Nebraska has a long history of crappy Quarterback s right? Maybe you should check the history books.

Are you kidding? I'm not talking about option guys, of course they've done well there, but tell me how many guys played QB for the huskers and in the league.

VN Store

Back