Florida NCAA scenarios

lawgator1

The loss to MSU at home is bad. I think it means that, assuming there aren't a host of upsets in small conference tourneys, Florida needs one of two scenarios to have a legit shot. The scenarios, with percentages.

1) A win over UT. 15 pct.

2) A win at Kentucky, plus one in the SEC tourney. 25 pct.

Not looking good.

I'd say at home against UT, you have a higher than 15 percent. Not great odds, but better.

choke job well under way. have to say I'm surprised, but who could tell with the weak schedule and weak SEC.

Florida can definitely beat UT at home and if they don't they have a much higher chance of beating UK and winning one SEC tourny game.

In the end, however, I see Florida losing to UT and UK and winning two SEC tourny games...which still probably won't be enough.

My suspicion is that UK/UF is a play-in game for the Dance, barring something really weird happening (the loser winning or going to the Finals of the SEC Tournament, for example.)

I see a loss tonight vs UT and then another at UK on Senior Day. Do you not think UK will be playing out of their minds to try to avoid dropping 8 straight to the Gators? The feel in Rupp that day will be like a championship game.

Unfortunately, I see a one and done in the SEC as well and a NIT bid. Yippee!

If UF beats UK and then wins one SECT game, I think they'll be extremely borderline as to whether they're in or out. I think they need to either beat UK and win 2 SECT games or, if they don't beat UK, they need to reach the SEC Final. But, I get the feeling that the committee might look at their overall record and status as the 2-time defending champs and give the Gators a bid if they're anything close to borderline.

I wonder what's going through Billy Donovan's head these days, what with rejecting the NBA offer after last season... He should have grabbed the NBA money when his stock was high - now it's not so great, IMO.

I wonder what's going through Billy Donovan's head these days, what with rejecting the NBA offer after last season... He should have grabbed the NBA money when his stock was high - now it's not so great, IMO.

This season is probably what he expected after losing so many players to the NBA... This Fla team will compete for the conference title next year, they have a very, very young team.

He still has back to back Championships to help him through this tough season, lets not forget.

from a coaching perspective he's still the same guy and same commodity, but jilting an organization has absolutely lowered his stock.

from a coaching perspective he's still the same guy and same commodity, but jilting an organization has absolutely lowered his stock.
That is assuredly so. I imagine he's a bit radioactive to teams in the NBA that would even consider him.

The deal he signed with the Magic to break their contract bars him from coaching in the NBA for 5 years. Donovan actually liked that clause because of the assurances it gives recruits that he's not going anywhere.

sure are cocky to have only been number one once for like 30 somethin hours, after back to back national championships. you not talking would make alot more sense

Remind me again, how many hours are in a week? Perhaps you should invest in a calender and one of those calculator watches before you decide to troll around another team's board again, that might make sense.

sure are cocky to have only been number one once for like 30 somethin hours, after back to back national championships. you not talking would make alot more sense
it appears that being NIT bound doesn't sit well with you. I agree. I would be offended with my program if we had been 9 straight time, won b2b titles and my frickin' coach couldn't keep us relevant.

remind me how many weeks you were ranked this season (which, by the way, is the only one currently relevant).

The nit may not sit well with you but unless the Gators have a trick up their skirts it is a possibility that you could end up in the not invited tournament.

why a week man best i recall it only lasted 3 days :birgits_giggle:
I have read your posts and you don't seem to be bringing much substance here other than just blatant trolling.

From the board rules:
3. Fans of other teams are always welcome here. However you should keep in mind that this is a Tennessee board and be respectful of that. Members who come in here just to take shots at our coach/team are only in here to start trouble and will be banned.

We have several fans of other teams that post here and attempt to add something to the discourse. Become one of these fans or be gone.

I have read your posts and you don't seem to be bringing much substance here other than just blatant trolling.

From the board rules:

We have several fans of other teams that post here and attempt to add something to the discourse. Become one of these fans or be gone.

dogtags.jpg

you can do it Vader... You might not be 100% man anymore, but you can push the button! :p

VN Store

Back