Fantasy College Football (fun & beginner friendly)

rtb1983

(These results will be moved into the thread once the season starts to clear up this original post for the stat and scoring updates. Scoring will be updated Sundays or early Mondays)

Team: HOOS THE CHAMPION
QB: Miss State
RB: Ohio State
WR/TE: TCU
DEF/ST: LSU
K: Baylor

Team: YOU WINSTON YOU LOSE SOME
QB: Ohio State
RB: FSU
WR/TE: Ole Miss
DEF/ST: FSU
K: Bama

Team: UCLA
QB: USC
RB: UGA
WR/TE: Baylor
DEF/ST: Bama
K: FSU

Team: APPY
QB: TCU
RB: GT
WR/TE: Texas A&M
DEF/ST: Ole Miss
K: Ohio State

Team: Barrys with Mayo
QB: Cal
RB: Oklahoma
WR/TE: Cal
DEF/ST: Ohio State
K: TCU

Team: Murville not marYville
QB: Oregon
RB: Oregon
WR/TE: USC
DEF/ST: UCLA
K: Arizona

Team: Market Square Marauders
QB: Penn State
RB: LSU
WR/TE: Clemson
DEF/ST: Mich State
K: Nebraska

Team: The Volunteers
QB: Tenn
RB: Tenn
WR/TE: Tenn
DEF/ST: Tenn
K: Tenn

Last edited:
Iv always wanted to do a college dynasty league . With each new year U keep your underclass man and u have a auction for the rest of the pool .

That would be loads of fun. I dont have the time to set anything like that up before this season. Maybe before next years though for sure. Dynasty leagues are very entertaining.

That would be loads of fun. I dont have the time to set anything like that up before this season. Maybe before next years though for sure. Dynasty leagues are very entertaining.

I agree I'm in a dynastly league in the nfl it's a lot of fun

Hello all. Looking for 10-16 players for free fantasy college football. This is all just for fun. Have ran a league last few years like this at work and thought it would be fun to do here.

This is college fantasy so it is a little different than the typical NFL system and leagues some are used to. Again, this is for 1st time players as well as regulars who just want to have fun. Will do everything here on the thread. Will update scoring/ranking etc on here.

There are a few major ways it differs from standard head to head NFL leagues (power 5 teams only). There are no trades, no add/drop, no free agent or waivers. You draft position groups of the team. Not individual players. For instance you will draft Tenn RB. Not just Hurd. So any stats the entire RB group gets, you get. The draft is like your recruiting class. The group you get is yours for the year. So if your teams starting RB got injured you will play rest of year with their backup RBs from that team. You only get 5 groups on your team. QB, RB, Recieving group (includes TE), Kicker, and Defense/Special Team. And the scoring is points based/category. So for instance if your team has the most points for the RB group and there are 12 teams in league you get 12 points, second place gets 11 and so forth for all categories. Points are based on standard scoring systems. 1 point per 10 yards rushing/recieving, 6 points for scoring a TD, 1 point for extra point, 4 points for a QB touchdown, 1 point for 25 yards passing, etc. No bench players so on your groups bye week you get no points for that week but everyone has bye week so it evens out.

To avoid the headache of arranging online live draft, we have everyone just send us their draft wants in order. You just message me your preference of groups (1-20 or so) is enough and based on draft order you recieve 1 from each group. So send like 1. OU RB 2. Ohio State QB 3. TCU WR and so on and so forth. I have the computer fill in all spots in order and make sure you get at least 1 of each position.

Very simple and fun league. We have done this a few years. Just let me know if you are interested and once we get the max number of teams or reach the Wednesday night cutoff of at least 10 teams we will do the draft and I post it here.

Again if interested let me know. Once I get enough people I will update post with contact info. Its fun, quick, easy, and gives us a good reason to watch a random game.

I'm down to try this

I've recently become interested in fantasy ball, so I guess this would be a good chance for me to get my feet wet, count me in! :)

I've recently become interested in fantasy ball, so I guess this would be a good chance for me to get my feet wet, count me in! :)

Welcome! This will be a good way to start. No other sites to join or anything like that and it's free haha. Soon as I get a few more people I will release the contact info and we can start!

Have 7 teams in now. Would like to get at least 3 more before we do the draft.

We are using standard fantasy scoring. Including the list below. Quick rundown: 1 point for every 10 yards rushing/recieving. 6 for touchdown. So lets say your RBs rush for 204 yards and have 2 touchdowns they score 20.4 points for the yards and 12 for the TDs. So they will have 32.4 total for the week. Then those points are compared to all other RBs in the league and whichever has the most recieves the max number of points for the category. If 10 team league you will get 10 points for most points in that category, 9 for second, 8 for third, and so on. And you combine your point total for all 5 position groups and whoever has the most points total is in the lead. So if your team Defense is dead last and all your other groups are top 2 or 3 you still can be in first place. 5 category groups are team QBs, team RBs, team Recieving(includes TE, teams Kicker, teams Defense/special teams.

Attachments

• fantasy-football-scoring.jpg
    fantasy-football-scoring.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3
Have gotten a few pre-drafts so far. Thanks for getting in early. Also don't forget that all teams in power 5 and notre dame are eligible. So when you submit list put 1 or 2 positions groups that you would like in addition to your top picks that you think others may overlook. We all can't have OSU quarterback. I'm sure Vandys QB would love to be selected! Just kidding. No one wants anything regarding football to ride on Vandy.

Have gotten a few pre-drafts so far. Thanks for getting in early. Also don't forget that all teams in power 5 and notre dame are eligible. So when you submit list put 1 or 2 positions groups that you would like in addition to your top picks that you think others may overlook. We all can't have OSU quarterback. I'm sure Vandys QB would love to be selected! Just kidding. No one wants anything regarding football to ride on Vandy.

Doing mine tonight

Have 6 draft rosters in and ready to go. Wait for a few more and we can run the draft tomorrow evening/night.

I'm excited for this !!! What site U using to keep score

It's all done in-house. I am a college professor and use some of my students as the data analysts and they all helped design the program we use to keep up with the stats. They get hands-on experience with a program they helped design and a little extra credit, and I get to get paid to look at college football stats. It's a win-win haha. Plus this way I can correct the numbers if I catch any errors.

It's all done in-house. I am a college professor and use some of my students as the data analysts and they all helped design the program we use to keep up with the stats. They get hands-on experience with a program they helped design and a little extra credit, and I get to get paid to look at college football stats. It's a win-win haha. Plus this way I can correct the numbers if I catch any errors.

Ok gotcha how will we be able to keep up with it tho

I am going to post the results here on this thread. Will update it weekly with the stats/rankings/ and what position you are in the league.

Ok gotcha how will we be able to keep up with it tho

I find this way to be the simplest. That way you don't have to join other sites, completely free, simple for beginners to pick up on, no risk of spam mail this way, and it is contained to us and if you have questions or observations or suggestions you can just contact me directly and it can be addressed. No third parties to worry about. It's for Vols (and a couple other random team fans from what I can tell) made by Vols (well most of my students are Hokies, but 2 Vols are in charge haha).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back