Steve Sarkisian reportedly drunk at USC donor event

VFLBerg

Senior Citizen
"We only have some tidbits of his antics via Twitter, but here are the key points that we can focus on.

Sarkisian was definitely drunk at the event and slurring his words during the speech. That's been confirmed by multiple sources at the party.
Sarkisian dropped an F-Bomb while introducing his team to the donors.
Sarkisian said that Oregon, Arizona State and Notre Dame all suck. Sark is 0-9 against Oregon and Arizona State and has always lost to the Ducks by three scores or more.
Sarkisian could not complete his speech and was pulled off stage by athletic director Pat Haden and John McKay Jr., son of former Trojan legend John McKay."

Steve Sarkisian reportedly drunk at USC donor event, drops F-bomb, pulled off stage, apologizes - Pacific Takes

Reactions: 1 person
'Cutty Sark'

was his nickname back in Washington because he liked the sauce. This is not a one time thing for him - it's a pattern.

We all get a little drunk and act stupid. I can't judge Sark. I don't drink much anymore....
I hope he gets it together.

We all get a little drunk and act stupid. I can't judge Sark. I don't drink much anymore....

He didn't do it at Applebees at 2 am though. Was in front of most of the School's brass and public (donors, wives, kids, etc). This has been an ongoing issue with him at Washington so it goes back a couple years. Not the first time this has come up.

Reactions: 4 people
Probably a bit embarrassing for USC, but also probably not a big deal

It's a big deal. You can't have your football coach get up and make an ass out of himself in front of donors, cheerleaders and the team. You hold your players to a certain standard and the coach has to live by that same standard. They should suspend him but they won't. If a player of legal drinking age had made a speech in this condition he would be punished. Like a poster said above, this was his reputation at Washington also so not like its the first time.

Reactions: 3 people
All those people have to do is look at this and they will forget Sark even did that --
hi-res-182552373-head-coach-lane-kiffin-of-the-usc-trojans-reacts-during_crop_north.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
It's a big deal. You can't have your football coach get up and make an ass out of himself in front of donors, cheerleaders and the team. You hold your players to a certain standard and the coach has to live by that same standard. They should suspend him but they won't. If a player of legal drinking age had made a speech in this condition he would be punished. Like a poster said above, this was his reputation at Washington also so not like its the first time.

This. He should be suspended with pay and asked to go to rehab.

Reactions: 5 people
Suspended, I can see maybe. But rehab, come on now.

If its really been a past problem for him (as someone else posted) then he needs some kind of help - for the sake of his career. I would think there is some kind of counseling on the USC campus for this.

I would be freaking disgusted if he was our coach. Any player drunk at a school event would be reprimanded and suspended, any coach guilty of it should be fired. No questions asked. But haden understand what firing a coach means. That would set the program back 5 years. They'd lose a bunch of current players and comits. And usc is supposed to be good this year. They are a joke

Probably a bit embarrassing for USC, but also probably not a big deal

How is it not a big deal, he did this while "on the job".

I know people get drunk, but how many do this while doing a public speaking engagement with their career on the line?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back