2015 Longsuffering UK Football Fan Thread of Misery

McCat

Rent free in your head
Bottom line: Mediocrity (again) this year, probably 5-7, but possibly squeaking into a bowl.

LB is a position with biggest questions. DL has some big shoes to fill after the loss of Zadarious and Bud Dupree.

OL should be stronger and deeper than it has been in a while.

Towles was just named as the clear-cut starter by Stoops. He finally has some talented options to pass to, and with JoJo Kemp and Boom Williams in the backfield, they could put some numbers up.

Bottom line: Mediocrity (again) this year, probably 5-7, but possibly squeaking into a bowl.

LB is a position with biggest questions. DL has some big shoes to fill after the loss of Zadarious and Bud Dupree.

OL should be stronger and deeper than it has been in a while.

Towles was just named as the clear-cut starter by Stoops. He finally has some talented options to pass to, and with JoJo Kemp and Boom Williams in the backfield, they could put some numbers up.

I like Stoops, and I think if he stays long enough UK will be mediocre instead of bottom feeder.

I think the sports gods only allow schools to dominate one sport

Y'all catch tennessee at a good time. I think that'll potentially be a closer game than people think.

Y'all catch tennessee at a good time. I think that'll potentially be a closer game than people think.

If it's a close game, it will be because UK is better than expected. Or UT is having a bad day.

Wouldn't ever predict a win, but I know that the team and staff have that home game against the Gators circled. Payback will be in mind, especially after last year's clock-gate.

Reactions: 11 people
Wouldn't ever predict a win, but I know that the team and staff have that home game against the Gators circled. Payback will be in mind, especially after last year's clock-gate.

I'd say if you don't get UF this year, you might not in your lifetime.

Of course, UT needs to beat them too.

Reactions: 1 person
Looking at your schedule, five wins is certainly doable especially with USCe appearing more and more like a dumpster fire waiting to happen.

You've got UF at home. Helpful.

Not seeing a Mizzou, UGA, MSU, UT or Auburn win.

Not sure how good Louisville will be this year.

I'd say the potential to go 6-6 is there.

McCat, not to hijack your thread but the wife and I are planning on coming to the game (second away game ever, hopefully Cat fans are better than UGA fans), any helpful advice. Also, are tix easily scalped or would you advise getting them ahead of time. Thanks for the help

Anything is fair game in this thread. Should be able to scalp, but SEC games you may have to pay above face, unless it's 5 minutes before kickoff- and I assume that you'd be looking at the UK/UT game. If the Cats are sitting at 5 wins going into the UT game, it may be more expensive to get in.

McCat, not to hijack your thread but the wife and I are planning on coming to the game (second away game ever, hopefully Cat fans are better than UGA fans), any helpful advice. Also, are tix easily scalped or would you advise getting them ahead of time. Thanks for the help

I think you will know a lot about UK's season by the end of September. If you look at the schedule breakdown I think it goes as follows:

Probable Wins: EKU, Vandy, UNCC, ULL
Probable Loses: UT (my orange colored shades), UGA, Auburn
Toss Ups: SC, MS State, Mizzou, UF, UL

Three of five toss up games are in the first 4 weeks of the season. Win 2 or more versus SC, UF and Mizzou you are looking at a 7-8 win season potentially. Win 1 and you are probably on the trajectory towards 6-6. Lose all of them and I think it gets dicey, errr, basketball season. Now they could get better into October and November but it really puts the pressure on that team and turns MSU and Louisville into must wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky's offense is going to surprise a lot of people. 2 very good running backs and Towles is no slouch. Matter of fact, Towles seems to be more accurate when he's running out of the pocket - kid has a laser.
OTH, their defense will take a step back. Dupree was an absolute stud. Having Stamps back should help a bit.

I said this back in March, if, IF, Tennessee pulls an upset over bama (EMOTIONAL game either way), then we stand a good chance of losing to the cats due to where they fall on the schedule.

And, if our Vols beat bama and the cats, Tennessee will be having an EXCEPTIONAL year, at no less than 7 and 1, at that point, and CBJ will be the SEC COY. Jmho

Don't care what last year's score was. The sun shines on every dogs (and cats) azz sometimes.

GBO

VN Store

Back