UGA WR Justin Scott-Wesley Injured

I saw this posted on twitter earlier today, and now it looks like everyone is reporting on it. Hate to see anyone go down in practice, especially a guy that has battled injuries his entire career. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and he can get back on the field soon.

That looked pretty high up on the pain scale according to his body language. I'd safely go with the MCL but that's just a guess.

Hopefully he just tweaked/sprained it.

Sorry for this guy. But, glad to see no one on the field had noticed our Tenn-affiliated photographer on the sideline, wearing the orange-camouflaged t-shirt.

Wow Scott-Wesley has had more then his share of injuries. Just hate to see college kids hurt especially non contact. Keep your head up and get well Justin.

He had knee surgery last month..I wonder if they rushed him back too quickly?
Scott-Wesley fell to the ground while in the middle of a route during drills. He got up in pain and walked over to the fence, where he was met by a trainer. Scott-Wesley walked off the field on his own power, accompanied by the trainer.

Any knee injury, minor or major, will be a worry for Scott-Wesley, who tore his ACL in October of 2013, and had arthroscopic knee surgery in early July. He returned in time for the start of preseason practice on Aug. 4, and in fact had been practicing without limitations.

Why the hell was this kid back on the field so soon if he just had surgery in July? Seems a little early, even for that type of surgery...

Reactions: 3 people
They must have horrible trainers, because they rushed Keith Marshall back last year as well. He basically loss a year of eligibility.

Well no one is really talking about this on the UGA side - was it even the same knee? Maybe someone with more experience in rehab knows how advanced the treatments have become for that type of surgery. All I know is, I'd want my guys to have at least 8 weeks before I ask them to go out and practice cuts, go jumping for the ball, take on blocking etc. Anything that puts a lot of stress on that knee is going to put that player at a much higher risk. If I'm a player I want my trainers to back me up, give me the best chance to make an impact on the team.

Sounds like they (the training/medical staff in particular) really screwed the pooch on this one. IDK maybe a UGA fan can chirp in....I feel bad for the guy personally.

Take out Chubb. Don't go 3 and out. Win.

Doesn't matter if Chubb is 100% this year. UGA will not beat us. Gurley shredded us last year and they still only won by three and that was with our horrid OL and no Dobbs. In all honesty, Chubb is irrelevant for us.

knee sprain should be back soon

Good news out of Athens, as senior receiver Justin Scott-Wesley will not require surgery on his injured right knee, according to Dawg Nation. Scott-Wesley hurt his right knee in practice Monday, the same knee that caused the senior to miss most of the 2013 season.

Scott-Wesley reportedly did suffer a sprain but not a serious one. Georgia expects the receiver to return to practice soon.

The Bulldogs dodged a bullet with this news, as Scott-Wesley is expected to be one of the leaders for an inexperienced Bulldog receiving corp this season.

Reactions: 4 people
@UGAfootballLive: Where is that IPF? #UGA buses an hour to the @AtlantaFalcons indoor practice facility in Flowery Branch due to rain and lightning in Athens.

Lol @ UGA.

knee sprain should be back soon

Good news out of Athens, as senior receiver Justin Scott-Wesley will not require surgery on his injured right knee, according to Dawg Nation. Scott-Wesley hurt his right knee in practice Monday, the same knee that caused the senior to miss most of the 2013 season.

Scott-Wesley reportedly did suffer a sprain but not a serious one. Georgia expects the receiver to return to practice soon.

The Bulldogs dodged a bullet with this news, as Scott-Wesley is expected to be one of the leaders for an inexperienced Bulldog receiving corp this season.

I dont think that knee will hold up the entire season.

Always nice to hear the local Atlanta sports radio panicking over the UGA QB situation. "CMR has had 15 years, they are 2 weeks away from the season and he still doesn't have a QB. They should've had this set a year ago". Lol.

Always nice to hear the local Atlanta sports radio panicking over the UGA QB situation. "CMR has had 15 years, they are 2 weeks away from the season and he still doesn't have a QB. They should've had this set a year ago". Lol.

I'm pretty sure the staff has a good idea who they are going to go with at the QB position. I don't care if they announce it today or the day before the first game. No need to overreact.

I'm pretty sure the staff has a good idea who they are going to go with at the QB position. I don't care if they announce it today or the day before the first game. No need to overreact.

100 bucks on Ramsey

Your QB recruiting has been sub par considering your coach has been there for 15 years. Bauta has been with your team since 2012, the fact that he hasn't locked down the job with 2 weeks remaining is amazing. Murray was there for 5 years right? How do you not have his replacement set up last year? You brought in a loser from UVA, and no one is standing out 2 weeks till kickoff is a huge red flag and shows awful planning from your coaches.

Ps. How was the hour long bus ride to Flowery Branch yesterday? What's it like begging an NFL team to borrow their facilities?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Meanwhile, the requisite quarterback update: Greyson Lambert was getting his turn as the first-teamer, followed by Faton Bauta and Brice Ramsey. At least that was the pecking order during the media viewing period.

Throwing with wet footballs, Lambert and Ramsey had some good spirals, but Bauta struggled. It was a small sample size, and weather-induced, but it was what the media was allowed to see, so there you go.

UGA QB woes. The "starter" struggled? He's been there since 2012

VN Store

Back