No Union For Northwestern Football Players

In its unanimous decision, the labor board skirted the issue of whether the players are employees and left open the door to other college athletes winning the right to unionize.

I didn't think it would happen when I first heard about it.

I'm inclined to agree. The NCAA needs to change their rules, but allowing players to unionize isn't the way to make that happen.

Yeah because without a union student athletes are so well represented when it comes to NCAA decision-making...

They aren't going to change their rules until they have to.

Yeah because without a union student athletes are so well represented when it comes to NCAA decision-making...

Athletes could go to school and get a real job like the rest of us and stop acting like they are privileged.

Reactions: 3 people
Athletes could go to school and get a real job like the rest of us and stop acting like they are privileged.

Considering major programs bring in tens of millions of dollars annually, I think schools could afford their players a stipend of $250-300/ monthly.

The O'Bannon case caused a pretty signifcant step in the right direction. No union requried to make it happen.

VN Store

Back