Angelo State player shot and killed by officer in Arlington

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
Reactions: 1 person
Sad, but dang, people need to stop running and trying to fight with police. I'm not taking the cops side, but common sense should tell you it won't end well.

Reactions: 11 people
Sad, but dang, people need to stop running and trying to fight with police. I'm not taking the cops side, but common sense should tell you it won't end well.

Yeah I don't get it either. I'm thinking the kid may have been on something stronger than alcohol if he did all that.

Still doesn't justify the shooting. The kid is dead because an amateur cop didn't know how to handle the situation.

They should release the video IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Still doesn't justify the shooting. The kid is dead because an amateur cop didn't know how to handle the situation.

Really don't see where this is the case or not from what's out there so far. Unarmed "victim" or not, the cop has the right to defend himself if he's attacked.

Not saying that's the accurate story, but let's take a deep breath before we go into some faux outrage black lives matter hissy fit. Messy situation with no easy answers, far too early in the game to draw conclusions either way.

Reactions: 6 people
Really don't see where this is the case or not from what's out there so far. Unarmed "victim" or not, the cop has the right to defend himself if he's attacked.

Not saying that's the accurate story, but let's take a deep breath before we go into some faux outrage black lives matter hissy fit. Messy situation with no easy answers, far too early in the game to draw conclusions either way.
You don't see how that's the case?

The officer was an amateur and handled it like one. A competent officer would have taken the non lethal route - taser or pepper spray.. I'm not sure how you can see it any other way until the video is released because everything points to an officer handling a volatile situation in a very wrong way. The whole shoot first ask questions later mentality is completely mental.

Reactions: 7 people

Not saying that's the accurate story, but let's take a deep breath before we go into some faux outrage black lives matter hissy fit.

Ummmm....what? So you think its okay for police officers to shoot and kill an unarmed citizen (why does it matter what color his skin is)? For merely resisting arrest? Police are not supposed to use lethal force unless their life or someone else's is in danger. There are many other non lethal actions this officer could have taken that might have just ened up with him spending the night in jail.

Ummmm....what? So you think its okay for police officers to shoot and kill an unarmed citizen (why does it matter what color his skin is)? For merely resisting arrest? Police are not supposed to use lethal force unless their life or someone else's is in danger. There are many other non lethal actions this officer could have taken that might have just ened up with him spending the night in jail.
I agree, but it's all situational. I'm generally anti gestapo, but lets get some information before we start yaw yaw yawing about how he should've done xyz.

If he was attacked I've got no problem with him shooting the guy, same as I would have no problem shooting someone who attacked me.

Wait for the tape.

Reactions: 5 people

The officer was an amateur and handled it like one. A competent officer would have taken the non lethal route - taser or pepper spray.. I'm not sure how you can see it any other way until the video is released because everything points to an officer handling a volatile situation in a very wrong way. The whole shoot first ask questions later mentality is completely mental.
Unless you know exactly what happened, your assuming a lot. The only thing that you are correct on is that you not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Unless you know exactly what happened, your assuming a lot. The only thing that you are correct on is that you not sure.

He was an amateur - that's not speculation. Instead of subduing the suspect with non lethal force, he used his gun - again, not speculation. Just stating the obvious...

Its okay to call a spade a spade. Had it been a veteran out there the young man would probably still be alive today That's speculation.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree, but it's all situational. I'm generally anti gestapo, but lets get some information before we start yaw yaw yawing about how he should've done xyz.

If he was attacked I've got no problem with him shooting the guy, same as I would have no problem shooting someone who attacked me.

Wait for the tape.
Police officers cannot just simply murder anyone who attacks them, ESPECIALLY if that person has no weapon. They go to the academy for a reason. What you might do if someone attacked you in your home and what is expected of police officers is 2 totally different things.

Why are you bringing the color of his skin into this if it doesn't matter?

It's unfortunate that the young man is dead, however why are you not goving the officer the same benefit of the doubt that you have given to the alleged attacker? You know absolutely nothing about the facts of this case, yet you already have the best solution worked out.

I don't know who was right or wrong in this case, but I do know its too early to make all the assumptions that you did (unless you have read something I haven't).

Reactions: 4 people

The article says one officer 'discharged his Taser'. This guy had been arrested for drugs before. And obviously he was way out of mind this time, so the police did what they had to do to keep this guy off the road where he could kill someone.

let's take a deep breath before we go into some faux outrage black lives matter hissy fit.

This quote is why I mentioned his race in my reply. And the reason im not giving the police officer the benefit of the doubt is because the man was unarmed. I see no situation in which it would be necessary to use lethal force on an unarmed individual.

This quote is why I mentioned his race in my reply. And the reason im not giving the police officer the benefit of the doubt is because the man was unarmed. I see no situation in which it would be necessary to use lethal force on an unarmed individual.

The guy could have been reaching or doing something to make the officer believe he was armed,he doesn't have to wait for him to open Fire to determine he's armed or not....hindsights 20/20

The article says one officer 'discharged his Taser'. This guy had been arrested for drugs before. And obviously he was way out of mind this time, so the police did what they had to do to keep this guy off the road where he could kill someone.

Notice how the other officer used his taser....while the officer in question shot 4 times. You can say they did "what they had to do" but 2 officers on scene and 4 bullets to take down a 5-8 180 lb dude? Doesn't that seem wrong to you? Too many are pulling their guns all willy-nilly like this officer did. There should be more accountability for officers out there.

BTW he was arrested for Hydrocodone pills (downers). Not meth, not coke. Hydrocodone.

Notice how the other officer used his taser....while the officer in question shot 4 times. You can say they did "what they had to do" but 2 officers on scene and 4 bullets to take down a 5-8 180 lb dude? Doesn't that seem wrong to you? Too many are pulling their guns all willy-nilly like this officer did. There should be more accountability for officers out there.

BTW he was arrested for Hydrocodone pills (downers). Not meth, not coke. Hydrocodone.

Hydro-codone is not a downer. It acts as a speed. Very popular here for this reason.

And until any of you have ever had to fight some one on these drugs, you don't know squat. They can't or don't feel pain.

Hydro-codone is not a downer. It acts as a speed. Very popular here for this reason.

And until any of you have ever had to fight some one on these drugs, you don't know squat. They can't or don't feel pain.
Are you a cop or a doctor? How would you know?

Hydrocodone is an opiate derived from codeine IIRC. Aka vicodin.

Some people have adverse reactions on vicodin, but for the most part it makes your extremities heavy and it relaxes you. Source: this aint my first rodeo....

Reactions: 4 people
Are you a cop or a doctor? How would you know?

Hydrocodone is an opiate derived from codeine IIRC. Aka vicodin.

Some people have adverse reactions on vicodin, but for the most part it makes your extremities heavy and it relaxes you. Source: this aint my first rodeo....

It's a codeine that's been modified. Vicodin and Norco are both hydrocodone but paired with different antiinflammatories. It's also not going to make you impervious to pain. The dose it would take to do that would more than likely kill one of us. Opioid overdoses are no joke as they can happen really easily. My hospital has had 3 in the past 6 months (1 wasn't our fault though... Lady had a metric ****ton of it onboard already).

Now a person withdrawing from an opioid is going to be agitated but he's not going to attack you.

Last edited:

You're gonna get it now.

I'm not gonna go as far as to say I wouldn't ever think of a reason to use deadly force on an unarmed civilian... but I think if most people would be honest, I think we can agree that deadly force is used far too often on unarmed civilians... often being the first option, not the last option.

It's a codeine that's been modified. Vicodin and Norco are both hydrocodone but paired with different antiinflammatories. It's also not going to make you impervious to pain. The dose it would take to do that would more than likely kill one of us. Opioid overdoses are no joke as they can happen really easily. My hospital has had 3 in the past 6 months (1 wasn't our fault though... Lady had a metric ****ton of it onboard already).

Now a person withdrawing from an opioid is going to be agitated but he's not going to attack you.

NO DOUBT! I had lived with a guy for like a month who ended up overdosing at a party. He snorted a line of Opana after he was already drunk. Within 10 minutes his breathing nearly stopped and he was turning blue. I gave him CPR for the full 5 minutes on the way to the hospital. They said he was 2 minutes away from death when they took him in. Just amazed at how powerful that stuff is. It's no joke.

No way bro! Cops should use words not guns! Just talk suspects down, show empathy for their plight! Its not this kids fault he was drunk and acting a fool, its society's! I mean if Icelandic police don't have to use guns US ones don't have too!

VN Store

Back