Tyndall to be Charged with Multiple Violations

I know this is just rehashing a sore subject. Any chance of these charges affecting Tennessee directly, with scholarship losses etc? I don't see how it could if it is only regarding his time at Southern Miss

I know this is just rehashing a sore subject. Any chance of these charges affecting Tennessee directly, with scholarship losses etc? I don't see how it could if it is only regarding his time at Southern Miss

No.

Man, it sounds bad for Donnie. From the article linked in the OP.

The NCAA will charge former Southern Miss basketball coach Donnie Tyndall with multiple rules violations, including improper financial aid, academic misconduct and lack of control, ESPN's Andy Katz reports.

CBS Sports was the first to report that the notice of allegations was imminent.

Under Tyndall's watch, coursework allegedly was completed or performed for recruits and financial aid was offered to signees who did not qualify. Tyndall's "lack of control" fell under a bylaw that classifies such behavior as unethical for a head coach.

Similar infractions usually result in a head coach receiving a show-cause order, which means any penalties imposed on the coach will remain in place for a predetermined amount of time and will follow him if he begins work at a different school during the penalty period.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee did the right thing by firing him. We won't be penalized anymore than we already have (a year's loss of stability, recruiting, etc).

Reactions: 3 people
Do y'all feel better going into 2015-2016 with Rick Barnes as Head Coach than you did with Donnie Tyndall going into 2014-2015? I feel better with Barnes myself,i think he'll do good things at Tennessee. Rick Barnes is a good recruiter also which will be an improvement.

Reactions: 1 person
Is my sarcasm meter broken, or are you serious? I haven't heard about him getting a job yet....

Well, technically, he's currently unemployed. He did work with Toronto Raptors this summer in summer league. I bet he is on staff somewhere by late fall at the very latest..........

DUDE CAN COACH. BOTTOM LINE!!

Last edited:
Do y'all feel better going into 2015-2016 with Rick Barnes as Head Coach than you did with Donnie Tyndall going into 2014-2015? I feel better with Barnes myself,i think he'll do good things at Tennessee. Rick Barnes is a good recruiter also which will be an improvement.

No

If Tyndall had been clean then our program was about to take off IMO.

Tyndall was on the rise(until he pissed it all away)

And I think Barnes is well on his decline. I think we hired the basketball version of Phillip fulmer

Reactions: 3 people
Well, technically, he's currently unemployed. He did work with Toronto Raptures this summer in summer league. I bet he is on staff somewhere by late fall at the very latest..........

The thing is he's got more skeletons in his closet than Arlington National Cemetery right now. That will turn quite a few schools off and hurt his chances of becoming a D1 Men's Basketball Head Coach again.

Well, technically, he's currently unemployed. He did work with Toronto Raptures this summer in summer league. I bet he is on staff somewhere by late fall at the very latest..........

I hope that the Toronto Rapture hasnt happened yet. If it has then we are all in trouble................

The thing is he's got more skeletons in his closet than Arlington National Cemetery right now. That will turn quite a few schools off and hurt his chances of becoming a D1 Men's Basketball Head Coach again.

He will be on an NBA staff soon. That's a little better for the resume than coaching at UT...................

No

And I think Barnes is well on his decline. I think we hired the basketball version of Phillip fulmer

It's obviously your right to have your opinion on Barnes, but for the life of me I can't see how you were convinced we were about to "take off" under Tyndall. If he had come out clean I would have supported him as coach, but I wasn't even convinced next season would be as good as last season.

No

that's great then,Barnes should get 150 wins :good!:

It's obviously your right to have your opinion on Barnes, but for the life of me I can't see how you were convinced we were about to "take off" under Tyndall. If he had come out clean I would have supported him as coach, but I wasn't even convinced next season would be as good as last season.

I understand it's not popular now but I saw the same similarities Between butch jones, pearl, and Tyndall.

Self made coaches from nothing that had never done anything but win as mid major coaches.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back