Jumbo Fisher bans FSU players from bars

VolSteve

Just saw this alert. I guess he doesn't want all the women in town to be beaten up before he finds a replacement wife.

Reactions: 7 people
Won't work. Will probably hurt recruiting.

I went to school with a straight edged dude(I was the opposite of straight edge) and he and I were good friends because we had sports, video games, music etc. in common despite our vast difference in drinking and consuming other forms of fun...

With that being said, he played at a smaller college and despite never drinking or doing drugs or anything of the sort, he immediately started drinking once he got to college because the team would throw parties with jungle juice/kegs and they wanted the newcomers to get wasted with them. Today we'd call it hazing probably but it is what it is and most kids come their senior of HS will drink at some point if they haven't already. And if they haven't, a big part of college is drinking. My friend drank at the flip of the switch because it's the norm in college. He's a casual drinker that now goes to bars this day to have a few drinks with friends. All because drinking in college is basically expected.

Telling future recruits they can't go to bars(which makes perfect sense) is just one way to push them towards another college. Of course no coach wants their players to drink or go to bars but publicly stating that players are banned from bars is a good way to lose recruits. Not saying those are the recruits you'd want anyways, but since most every 18-22 year old drinks, those probably are recruits you want as far as talent is concerned... character/lifestyle choices aside.

I'd say drinking is harmless(other than to your health), then again, some people can't control themselves when drinking and you can't account for other drunk people or what they're gonna do. Me... I just stick to running my mouth on VN. No harm, no foul. Sucks for you people who have to deal with it. Suckers.

Reactions: 1 person
Yet, with all this crap happening at FSU, why are high quality recruits still jumping on board???

Reactions: 1 person
So he acknowledges his players are idiots and/or thugs

This is an attempt to keep them from proving it

Reactions: 3 people
I can hear the players defense now.

"I want to be drunk in a bar, Jimbo threw me into Public."

Look for more on campus assaults also.

Won't work. Will probably hurt recruiting.

I went to school with a straight edged dude(I was the opposite of straight edge) and he and I were good friends because we had sports, video games, music etc. in common despite our vast difference in drinking and consuming other forms of fun...

With that being said, he played at a smaller college and despite never drinking or doing drugs or anything of the sort, he immediately started drinking once he got to college because the team would throw parties with jungle juice/kegs and they wanted the newcomers to get wasted with them. Today we'd call it hazing probably but it is what it is and most kids come their senior of HS will drink at some point if they haven't already. And if they haven't, a big part of college is drinking. My friend drank at the flip of the switch because it's the norm in college. He's a casual drinker that now goes to bars this day to have a few drinks with friends. All because drinking in college is basically expected.

Telling future recruits they can't go to bars(which makes perfect sense) is just one way to push them towards another college. Of course no coach wants their players to drink or go to bars but publicly stating that players are banned from bars is a good way to lose recruits. Not saying those are the recruits you'd want anyways, but since most every 18-22 year old drinks, those probably are recruits you want as far as talent is concerned... character/lifestyle choices aside.

I'd say drinking is harmless(other than to your health), then again, some people can't control themselves when drinking and you can't account for other drunk people or what they're gonna do. Me... I just stick to running my mouth on VN. No harm, no foul. Sucks for you people who have to deal with it. Suckers.
This pretty much sums it up. It will hardly curb kids going to bars. It's going to give Jimbo Fisher a brand new set of problems to deal with.

You can lead a horse to water....
But you can't let him drink it because it is polluted with harmful chemicals that could damage his organs over a period of time which could in effect result in an early and painful death?

VN Store

Back