New Kyle Field Stands Shifting???

Thought it was due to the fact that place sucks so bad that it was caving in on itself

They save babies at the hospital there......God is showing mercy

There are two things I do when driving through Memphis:

a.) hold my nose when driving over the Musspuppy.
b.) blessing GOD for Danny Kaye once I'm over that bridge.

Kind'a out of order but amiright?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I remember stories of the press box swaying, when students would break into the Aggie War Hymn.

LOL at the 1st sentence..."After beginning a nearly $500 billion expansion of Kyle Field in late 2013..."

I know there's a lot of money in Texas, but seriously?

Reactions: 1 person
in all probability this was the earth settling and weakening the structure. and because they can't go in and reset the foundations they have to apply more structural steel above ground. The article doesn't specify that is only during Sandstorm, they are just associating it to that because it sounds better than we messed up a calculation somewhere. basically I would absolutely shocked if just playing sandstorm is causing the issue, the students/crowd jumping swaying during the song is a much more likely culprit.

also Alabama doesn't have an architecture program.

I remember stories of the press box swaying, when students would break into the Aggie War Hymn.

We played our high school football games in the old Honolulu Stadium (aka the Termite Palace), and we weren't allowed to stomp our feet during cheers, because you could see the sawdust just *bloosh* down from under the bleachers. The engineers were pretty sure that the whole dang place would collapse if Punahou ever built up a solid lead over Damian.

Oops, Damien. I should know that. Father Damien, Saint Damien of Molokai, caretaker of the lepers.

Last edited:
Not to point out he obvious here but wouldn't it just be cheaper to not EVER play that song in there again? It's 15 years old anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
Not to point out he obvious here but wouldn't it just be cheaper to not EVER play that song in there again? It's 15 years old anyway.

the song isn't the real problem. and after a building shifts you can't just ignore it. even if you remove the "problem".

Maybe the building is just uncomfortable having one of the most overplayed songs of all time echoing inside of itself. I know I would be.

Wait, playing Sandstorm caused the structure to shift? Am I the only one who thinks that's a bunch of crap? I'm pretty sure they've got a bigger problems on their hands. Idiots. I've been to a couple games at Kyle field. If the crowd gets amped or they sing Saw 'Em Off you can definitely feel the bleachers sway - especially in the nosebleeds.

I can't even imagine what a disaster at Kyle Field would look like. I hope they take this issue seriously.

LOL at the 1st sentence..."After beginning a nearly $500 billion expansion of Kyle Field in late 2013..."

I know there's a lot of money in Texas, but seriously?

That's only $5,000,000 per seat. Season ticket sales should pay it off about the time that the Sun runs out of hydrogen.

I can't even imagine what a disaster at Kyle Field would look like. I hope they take this issue seriously.

2008 would be the be the year. Home loses to:

Arkansas St 18-14
Miami (Fl) 41-23
K State 37-16
Tech 43-25
OU 66-28

The OU lose was their worst ever at Kyle, not to be out done by their worst lose ever in Norman (77-0).

2008 would be the be the year. Home loses to:

Arkansas St 18-14
Miami (Fl) 41-23
K State 37-16
Tech 43-25
OU 66-28

The OU lose was their worst ever at Kyle, not to be out done by their worst lose ever in Norman (77-0).

I bet 77-0 stings to this day. Then bama beat them 59-0 last season.

VN Store

Back