Exactly how thin is Florida?

Volunteer08

Since we have so much time until the season starts I figured it couldn't hurt...

I was just reading on TOS that they have a handful of guys from the '15 class that couldn't make the grades to get in for the summer term. They'll be taking summer classes just to graduate from HS.

Does anyone know how thin they will actually be at each position? We all know about their offensive line woes. What about their two-deep at all the other positions?

They are thin at QB and OL for sure. Overall I think that they are just very thin. Something like only 50 something scholarship players on the roster this spring (Don't quote me on that though). Sort of like Tennessee on 2013, they just need warm bodies.

Florida is so thin that they could spend 8 hours kneeling in skinny jeans without a problem.

(if this makes no sense to you, you've missed the Very Important National News Story on this fascinating topic. I'd apologize, but you're really better off)

:)

Reactions: 6 people
Never as thin as we think...

Head to Head the last 20 years shows it...

They added a couple of guys to that OL that should help. They won't be AS desperate, but still pretty bad off.

Did they end up naming Grier the starter at QB?

I don't think they've settled on a RB starter either.

They have some experience returning at WR, but I'm not sure how deep they are.

On D they aren't super deep, but they always have a menacing DL, and Morrsion (LB) and Hargreaves (CB) are great.

Never as thin as we think...

Head to Head the last 20 years shows it...

If I see another poster bring up previous match ups when discussing the UPCOMING season...I'm gonna throw my phone through the window.

Previous games from 1990 or 2014 have ZERO to do with current rosters, circumstances or coaches.

It means nothing.

I might give you 2014...anything before that means nothing. It's history.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
They added a couple of guys to that OL that should help. They won't be AS desperate, but still pretty bad off.

Did they end up naming Grier the starter at QB?

I don't think they've settled on a RB starter either.

They have some experience returning at WR, but I'm not sure how deep they are.

On D they aren't super deep, but they always have a menacing DL, and Morrsion (LB) and Hargreaves (CB) are great.

QB - Grier looks the part and will likely start over Harris.
RB - No issues here with Taylor, Lane and the freshman Scarlett.
WR - Inconsistent but deep; Robinson has all-SEC talent.
TE - UVA transfer is back for a 6th year, he can't be worse than Burton or Westbrook.
OL - I need a drink...
DL - Not as deep as a year ago, but talented.
LB - Less depth and less talent; rumor is Morrisson's knee injury was worse than advertised.
DB - Best corner tandem in the nation; safeties are slightly above average.

Reactions: 9 people
If I see another poster bring up previous match ups when discussing the UPCOMING season...I'm gonna throw my phone through the window.

Previous games from 1990 or 2014 have ZERO to do with current rosters, circumstances or coaches.

It means nothing.

EXACTLY...

How we look "on paper" in June is MUCH more relevant than actual on field performance for the last 20 years...

I gotcha Chief! [BLUE font]

Reactions: 4 people
EXACTLY...

How we look "on paper" in June is MUCH more relevant than actual on field performance for the last 20 years...

Actual on field performances from players that no longer play here and coaches that no longer coach here?

What planet do you live on?

Jesus.

Reactions: 7 people

It means nothing.

I might give you 2014...anything before that means nothing. It's history.

I vote this post be referenced anytime someone brings up the UF game because it's 100% truth. I wish more people would grab ahold of this.

Reactions: 12 people
I vote this post be referenced anytime someone brings up the UF game because it's 100% truth. I wish more people would grab ahold of this.

Thank you.

Saban and Alabama gave zero F's in '07 when their streak started after we won 10 of 12.

I think the real question is, is Florida finally thin enough for a Vol victory?
I certainly hope so, don't you?

QB - Grier looks the part and will likely start over Harris.
RB - No issues here with Taylor, Lane and the freshman Scarlett.
WR - Inconsistent but deep; Robinson has all-SEC talent.
TE - UVA transfer is back for a 6th year, he can't be worse than Burton or Westbrook.
OL - I need a drink...
DL - Not as deep as a year ago, but talented.
LB - Less depth and less talent; rumor is Morrisson's knee injury was worse than advertised.
DB - Best corner tandem in the nation; safeties are slightly above average.

If your O-Line is as bad as ours was last year, you'll need more than one drink.

Reactions: 11 people
EXACTLY...

Well maybe you can explain what ANY of the games in the past 20 years have to do with THIS years UF game.

Reactions: 5 people
I think the real question is, is Florida finally thin enough for a Vol victory?
I certainly hope so, don't you?

I think the real question is, is TN finally built for the Vol victory?

Because, personally, I don't care how thin Florida is or isn't. I want to watch a Tennessee team that will win against the best. And that will happen soon.

Reactions: 5 people
Well maybe you can explain what ANY of the games in the past 20 years have to do with THIS years UF game.

That's cool. And just for consistency's sake, we own neither Vandy nor Kentucky. Nothing that's happened in those two series has anything to do with what may or may not happen in those two games this year. It's all a clean slate.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back