SEC raised school fines for rushing the field/court

TrueOrange

A bit late on this, but at spring meetings the conference passed raising the fines any school would receive for fans rushing the field or court after a game:

Fans rushing the field — or court — this year could cost some SEC programs a quarter of a million dollars.

As the SEC's annual spring meetings came to a close here at the Sandestin Beach Hilton in Destin, Florida, one of the pieces of legislation the league passed on Friday will substantially increase the fines for fans' post-game celebrations that violate the league's on-field policy.

First-time violators of the rule now face a $50,000 fine — 10 times more than the previous cost for first-time offenders. An SEC school's second offense is now $100,000 and third-time offenders face a fine of $250,000, the same amount violators will be billed for each subsequent offense.

Incoming commissioner Greg Sankey, who will officially succeed Mike Slive on June 1, may also apply additional penalties as necessary.

This is up from the previous fines of $5,000, $25,000, and $50,000.

SEC schools to face fines up to $250K for fans rushing the field/court | AL.com

No matter what the people in power try to do to prevent rushing the field, if they fans really want to do it, then there isn't much anybody can do to stop them.

No matter what the people in power try to do to prevent rushing the field, if they fans really want to do it, then there isn't much anybody can do to stop them.

When Auburn beat Alabama on the kick 6 - even the security didnt care

If they did, they would get knocked the f out.

i thinking for vandy where the crowd is never much more than 50-50. like when WKU rolls them. i am willing to bet they are outnumbered. not that beating vandy is a field rush worthy accomplishment, but it could happen.

I'm not sure, but UK fans rushed the field after a loss. Classic UK!

You're thinking of the Bluegrass Miracle. Thought that it was won. Field rushing was halted when Devery Henderson popped into the endzone.

Rushing the field/court it the dumbest thing. It's not safe. The field of play isn't meant for you. You put other fans, the players, and police in danger. Grow up.

^^this guy
latest

here is an idea, give everyone 15minutes to clear the field, then it is open game.

That's not to say your fans won't have anything to celebrate following our game, the celebration will take place somewhere other than on the field.

dang you guys have dogs? we have the one and he knows what color he wears :)

But dogs can't really see/distinguish between most colors...

(Yes, I know they don't see everything in black and white, like the old myth.)

Last edited:
Your fans will be greeted by about 100 state troopers with German shepherds.

There's a reason why it never happens in Gainesville.

Those 100 state troopers with their 100 German Shepherds must be in camouflage. Photos of said troopers and their dogs during a game or it never happened!

VN Store

Back