Lexie Brown Will Transfer From Maryland

Don't get your hopes up.

I definitely grew up a fan of Pat Summitt and her program,” Brown said of college basketball’s career leader in coaching wins, men or women. “I’ve always been a fan of Tennessee. I’ve never really wanted to go there, but I’ve always been appreciative of what Pat Summitt brought to our sport. Last year to be able to play a team like that, it was a lot of fun. It was really cool to be able to play against the legendary Tennessee Lady Vols.”
2015 NCAA tournament: As Maryland women get set for Elite Eight, Terps

Somebody will get a good player 13.2 ppg 83 percent Free throw shooter 69 of 200 from the three.

Maybe she is sick and tired of getting pummeled by UConn the last two seasons and wants to play for a team that has a legitimate chance of beating them. Can anyone spell USC? And will Kaela join her there?

I know she is a great player but we don't need a guard right now. Even a great guard. We have great guards.

Were really good at recruiting guards have a lot of prospects on the radar in coming seasons and most on the roster still have several years to play. She will have to sit out a year and will have two more seasons to play. I will be interested to see where she ends up. I am sure the usual suspects will be recruiting her namely Kentucky, SC, and Baylor.

Were really good at recruiting guards have a lot of prospects on the radar in coming seasons and most on the roster still have several years to play. She will have to sit out a year and will have two more seasons to play. I will be interested to see where she ends up. I am sure the usual suspects will be recruiting her namely Kentucky, SC, and Baylor.

Kim doesn't have room, although she isn't above removing players from the roster to make room for "better" players i.e. Small & Fuqua for Mompremier & Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Davis & Brown end up at Georgia.

Kim doesn't have room, although she isn't above removing players from the roster to make room for "better" players i.e. Small & Fuqua for Mompremier & Brown.

I heard with Landers, his style of coaching and play just didn't fit with the top recruits. With him out of the picture and new face, these Georgia girls might be more attracted to Georgia now (which is great for the SEC)
Brown grew up in Florida, but attended high school in GA (Suwanne) and is literally minutes from Keala Davis hometown.

Could momma Davis cope with her daughter playing side by side with Brown? Thats the only question.

wouldn't be a good thing for the Vols.

Maybe she is sick and tired of getting pummeled by Brenda Frese.

whose teams have whipped Warlick's teams the last two years in the NCAA?

Also, Sand said the Vols have "great" guards. Well, DeShields might fit that category, but that's not a word I'd used to describe any of the others. Just sayin'...

I'd be glad to have her here because she is a 35 percent three point shooter. None of the guards we have shoot it that well at least to this point.

Carter was the best left 34, Reynolds 32, Diamond 30 at NC, Middleton 29, Me Me 33 in high school, Tea 32 in high school. So Tea could use some help from three point range.

I left Dunbar out because yet to be determined if she gets enough playing time to matter and Tucker still an unknown.

Last edited:
So our guards next year are Cooper, Reynolds, Deshields, Middleton, Carter, Jackson, and Dunbar.
Nared, and Jones can play either inside or out.
Russell, Graves, and Moore inside.

With Tucker gone we have 12 players. Two are seniors which will give us five open scholarships for 2016.

Te'a has been a low 30 something 3 point shooter throughout her entire high school career. She's not your answer behind the arc.

Last edited:
With Tea and Diamond on the perimeter, those two are both penetrating guards. Teams will either have to double them or play one on one, and both are excellent at attacking the basket, hard to stop. Most likely going to the FT line if they didn't score.
If teams double, they are both EXCELLENT passers with great offense IQ's, they will pass to the open post or open perimeter player. This will allow our guards to have more uncontested shots, which should result in high percentages. It's just going to come down to if our guards/wings are in the gym getting reps in for shooting.

I don't think it's going to be about having the 'best' guard on the floor, but more about having the best shooter on the floor for our case.
:crossfingers: that Pratt Pavilion's nets are burning down

Reactions: 2 people
Between the online speculation and her official statement about being closer to home this smells like UGA all the way and I wouldn't be surprised if Davis ends up there as well.

UGA throwing down in ATL is bad news for a lot of non-Tennessee type of programs.

VN Store

Back