any question Richt is worst coach in SEC?

tumblr_ms502bylTh1srb4uqo1_500.gif

Reactions: 10 people
thanks captain obvious

worst tenured coach OK?

Yeah who would want to keep a guy that has only had 1 losing season, 2 SEC titles, 6 East titles and consistently great recruiting classes in the toughest conference in the country genius?

Jesus you think Richt and Miles are terrible coaches. Do you even think before you post?

Reactions: 11 people
Yeah who would want to keep a guy that has only had 1 losing season, 2 SEC titles, 6 East titles and consistently great recruiting classes in the toughest conference in the country genius?

Jesus you think Richt and Miles are terrible coaches. Do you even think before you post?

well me

i would

how can you underachieve for that long

all the talent that was ever needed and has he ever played for a national championship

and it was never media bias

15 years and never a shot at the national championship

UT would be up sheets creek without players from georgia.

Reactions: 2 people
136-48. Yeah I'll take Derek Mason or Mark Stoops over him. :crazy:

Only 2 SEC Championships (last was in 2005).

With the amount of talent the state of GA produces you'd think he'd have a few more.

They always seem to lose a game or two they shouldn't.

Edit* I hope they keep him though :)

Reactions: 2 people
thanks captain obvious

worst tenured coach OK?

Ok I'll bite. Worst tenured coach in the SEC. We'll call "tenured" 8+ years.

That means the competition is between:

Nick Saban
Les Miles
Steve Spurrier
Mark Richt

So basically Richt is up against 3 of the best coaches in all of college football. And yes he's the worst of those 4. It's a completely moot point, but yes he's the worst.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok I'll bite. Worst tenured coach in the SEC. We'll call "tenured" 8+ years.

That means the competition is between:

Nick Saban
Les Miles
Steve Spurrier
Mark Richt

So basically Richt is up against 3 of the best coaches in all of college football. And yes he's the worst of those 4. It's a completely moot point, but yes he's the worst.

i never did this

Last edited:
He's a Jimmys and Joes coach more than an Xs and Os coach. Getting the players is the most important thing an SEC HC does.

He was very close to playing in the NC game 2 or 3 years ago.

Consistently finishes near the top of the best college football conference in America.

GA Tech has a similar recruiting base and has achieved far less.

GA fans are idiots. They're lucky to have CMR.

Reactions: 5 people
The reason UGA keeps him is because they've noticed TN having it's worst run in program history after running off a similar coach. Both CPF and CMR were/are winning 70+ % of their games while playing in the best conference in America. Not many coaches win 70% or more.

Reactions: 6 people
The reason UGA keeps him is because they've noticed TN having it's worst run in program history after running off a similar coach. Both CPF and CMR were/are winning 70+ % of their games while playing in the best conference in America. Not many coaches win 70% or more.

He wins just enough to not get fired.

Reactions: 4 people
Normally, I'd make the same arguments as some others regarding the wins per year and overall winning percentage.

However, while it may be one game, I can't defend a coaching staff that allowed the 2014 Gators to put up over 400 yards rushing and 38 points. No way a good staff lets that happen.

Richt is good for at least one "what the hell" per year.

Georgia had no business losing to florida last season and it cost them an opportunity to play for a conference title.

An unforgivable loss that not many coaching staffs would have been able to serve up.

He's a good coach, but not one that will ever win a NC. Knowing that, I still wouldn't get rid of him. He goes bowling every year and holds his players accountable. He's definitely a person with high character.

Reactions: 1 person
well me

i would

how can you underachieve for that long

all the talent that was ever needed and has he ever played for a national championship

and it was never media bias

15 years and never a shot at the national championship

UT would be up sheets creek without players from georgia.

I beg to disagree.

Last edited:
Unless you are just an out of this world coach (which he isn't) the best you can hope for is to win a lot of games and be in a position to contend and that's exactly what they do. They just have a habit of dropping games that they really need...but they are always right there in the beat conference in football.

VN Store

Back