Shane Ray Cited For Pot

I'm sure just about everyone has gotten a traffic citation. Shouldn't be an issue.

Being pulled over with a dime bag is not an issue but being pulled over with a dime bag 3 days before the draft? He might not be the sharpest tool in the box. I can just imagine that conversation with his agent Monday.

Reactions: 1 person

Dating back to Dan Marino in the 83 Draft and Warren Sapp in the 95 Draft, the slightest hint has caused a plummet...whatever your position on legality, the basic question is "You're getting ready for the biggest hire in your life...why do you have to get high right now?" A team getting ready to hand over millions to a twenty something young man has to at least second guess that choice.

Reactions: 1 person
Being pulled over with a dime bag is not an issue but being pulled over with a dime bag 3 days before the draft? He might not be the sharpest tool in the box. I can just imagine that conversation with his agent Monday.

This. If you're going to do stupid stuff the week of the draft, you'll probably do stupid stuff right before a playoff game

I honestly don't think weed is a big deal and I don't think the ncaa or NFL should test for it as it's not a performance enhancer. That being said, NFL execs that are about to pay someone millions probably don't share my opinions. I love to smoke weed but I know when it's a good time to do it and when doing so could be a potential disaster. Days before I could become a millionaire is one of those bad times.

I honestly don't think weed is a big deal and I don't think the ncaa or NFL should test for it as it's not a performance enhancer. That being said, NFL execs that are about to pay someone millions probably don't share my opinions. I love to smoke weed but I know when it's a good time to do it and when doing so could be a potential disaster. Days before I could become a millionaire is one of those bad times.

I agree with everything in your post. It's unequivocally stupid to be around pot when you know it could potentially cost you dearly in future earnings.

Where are you finding that part?

Albert BreerVerified account
‏@AlbertBreer Clubs were willing to overlook Ray's failed drug test after getting to know him the last couple months. This AM's incident changes things.

I think he drops into the 2nd. Between this and the foot, it's been a costly 2 weeks for Ray.

He got pulled with an O plus another quarter for 35g's total. He's lucky they didn't put his ass in the slammer for an intent to distribute.

I think he drops into the 2nd. Between this and the foot, it's been a costly 2 weeks for Ray.

He won't drop that far. He isn't a likely top 5 pick anymore though. I still think he lands in the upper half of the first.

ya'll have missed the most important part of his arrest

where did he buy pot that smelled like a skunk at ? it must have been wicked if the cop could smell it thru the baggie :)

Kiper no longer has him going in the 1st round in his final mock draft.

Shane is a pretty good kid and made a dumb mistake. Justin Houston (UGA) made a similar mistake close to the draft and fell to the second or third round and is now one of the top pass rushers in the NFL.

VN Store

Back