Is this Fla's worse team EVER? O/U

secking

Worst ever? Probably not since they have had some really bad teams in their history but the fact is the conversation might come up. This team can easily be 4-8 again. Unless McElwain is a mad scientist and can figure out how to clone OL, it can be a long year.

They only have 12 OL, and that is counting 6 that are freshman.

Sat, Apr 11 Orange & Blue-Toss Up

Sat, Sep 5 NEW MEXICO STATE-W

Sat, Sep 12 EAST CAROLINA-Toss up, probable W

Sat, Sep 19 at Kentucky-Toss up, probable W

Sat, Sep 26 TENNESSEE-LOSS

Oct. 3 OLE MISS-Toss up, probable L

Oct. 10 at Missouri-L

Oct. 17 at LSU-L

Oct. 24 Open date-Toss up, probable L

Oct. 31 Georgia (Jacksonville)-L

Nov. 7 VANDERBILT-Win

Nov. 14 at South Carolina-Toss up, push

Nov. 21 FLORIDA ATLANTIC-Win

Nov. 28 FLORIDA STATE-L

Possible 5-7 with that schedule, I'll go 6-6.
Over/Under 6 wins for Fla?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I refuse to predict a win against them until we break the streak. Last year they were terrible and we still lost at home.

Reactions: 16 people
I refuse to predict a win against them until we break the streak. Last year they were terrible and we still lost at home.

I agree and almost put toss up, BUT this IS the best chance TN has had at the swamp in a very long time. Should have won last year.

Yep. I hate to continue beating that horse to death, but it's true. I'll call UF a W when the game is over and we have more points. Then I will maybe go streaking.

I'm thinking we could stand to be a bit more humble regarding the Florida football program given their absolute, complete and total domination of our football program since Jimmy Carter was inaugurated president.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm thinking we could stand to be a bit more humble regarding the Florida football program given their absolute, complete and total domination of our football program since Jimmy Carter was inaugurated president.

A few anomalies along the way, but not many. You're sentiments are spot on. Posts @ how bad UF is, or how we're going to stomp them this year or anything negative about their team needs to be ban worthy. Only after we can figure out how to quit laying eggs against them and actually score more points in a game, should the restriction be lifted.

If anyone wants to talk this way, the mods should make stickies back to the giant pre-game threads of the past 3 seasons. :thud:

Reactions: 2 people

:good!:

Well, they went 4-8 just two years ago and even lost to Georgia Southern at home. But that team still managed to beat us didn't they. If Florida were to go 1-11 this year their lone win would be against us. Until proven otherwise I'll continue to pencil in this game as a loss.

They went winless in 1979. Definitely not the worst ever.

...and they went 4-7 twice under Doug Dickey in the 70's and were 4-8 in '13. They had a bad history prior to 1983. If Tenn and Florida had always played annually, the series would be lopsided in favor of Tenn...but it is Tennessee's luck that we did not start playing them annually until Steve Spurrier's first season in 1990.

Agreed. Crappy team or not, florida always seems to pull it together enough to beat Tennessee. It sickens me.:cray:

Top cellphone last time Vols beat UF: Motorola Razor

If Butch couldn't rally the troops for a win vs Muschamp last two team then Im not sure he'll get one.

Last edited:
I think UT breaks the streak this year. Their D-line is pretty nasty and the Gators' O-line is a complete disaster. Maybe Ivey will have a Tunsil/Robinson breakout game and singlehandedly stop UT's pass rush. We'll see.

I think UT breaks the streak this year. Their D-line is pretty nasty and the Gators' O-line is a complete disaster. Maybe Ivey will have a Tunsil/Robinson breakout game and singlehandedly stop UT's pass rush. We'll see.

Last sentence certainly wouldn't surprise anyone

I basically expect a reversal of what the game looked like last year, with Worley completely helpless and Fowler in his face every 2-3 seconds. This time it'll be Barnett in the backfield on every play, and Florida will have trouble moving past the 50.

I basically expect a reversal of what the game looked like last year, with Worley completely helpless and Fowler in his face every 2-3 seconds. This time it'll be Barnett in the backfield on every play, and Florida will have trouble moving past the 50.

No way Mac allows our OT to go one on one with Barnett like Butch allowed DFjr. He'll utilize an extra blocker on that side.

I have no idea how this particular Florida team will stack up. I suspect they'll be pretty bad, but they're going to have competent coaching for the first time in five years.

But bringing this up in this manner is ridiculous. Without a doubt, the 2013 and '14 Gators were the worst Florida teams in almost 30 years and UT still couldn't beat them. At what point does Florida's potential ineptitude stop being a point of humor for Vol fans?

Florida actually went 0-11, or 1-10 in 1979 when Charley Pell was the coach. This will not be their worst team ever.

Edit: the record in 1979 was 0-10-1. Even one of the NCAA's most notorious cheaters could not save them that year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back