And the newest, colored football field goes to...

It doesn't look bad but it would be better if it was a little darker. Anyone see that red field the D2 school out west made? It's hideous. Also I think a michigan school has a grey field, also pretty ugly.

Eastern Washington and Eastern Michigan I think.

Edit: says so in the article. I should probably read those first.

Last edited:
I like Eastern Washingtons blood field. Eastern Michigan looks horrific on TV, but I don't know how it looks in real life. This doesn't look that bad.

I like Eastern Washingtons blood field. Eastern Michigan looks horrific on TV, but I don't know how it looks in real life. This doesn't look that bad.

Look up the field at Central Arkansas. Now THAT one is an abortion.

Look up the field at Central Arkansas. Now THAT one is an abortion.

forgot about that one. The multi color aspect should be banned. I have no issue with one color as long as it's done right. I don't think Tennessee could pull off white or orange, just imagining it makes my eyes hurt. People make that gripe about E Washington and Boise St, but I have no issues watching their games on TV. I thought I had color issues watching E Michigan though.

forgot about that one. The multi color aspect should be banned. I have no issue with one color as long as it's done right. I don't think Tennessee could pull off white or orange, just imagining it makes my eyes hurt. People make that gripe about E Washington and Boise St, but I have no issues watching their games on TV. I thought I had color issues watching E Michigan though.

We already have orange and white.

In the checkerboards where we'll be spending a lot of time this year.

Reactions: 1 person
We already have orange and white.

In the checkerboards where we'll be spending a lot of time this year.

8 yard checkerboard endzones are vastly different than having the whole field mixed in 5 or 10 yard white and orange pieces though.

When is Hawaii going to have a rainbow colored field? I bet it will be faaaaabulous!

I actually like it. I think it looks better than Boise's. The only thing I would of changed is the outside part, like where a track would go. I would have that the brown color.

I do prefer natural grass and not all the colored rugs ,I do miss the old mud games,back when the fields weren't drained so well

shouldn't a school have a rug that is mud colored in the center,then some grass and then hints of snow around the edges ? lol

they could call it old school field :)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back