Commonwealth had no grass on 4/20

McCat

Rent free in your head
It's not what you think. They removed the Bermuda from the stadium yesterday to make room for the new artificial turf.

turf.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Yea, I'm just messing with ya. My friends back home are excited about the renovations, but upset over not getting the spring game.

taking out the bluegrass? that's a shame, really. it's the bluegrass state, for god's sake!

plus that artificial **** gives you cancer

Reactions: 3 people
I know lots of my family are excited about the changes. I believe a few of them had their seats get moved because of the renovations, I don't think they were very excited about that part.

It's just ground-up tires and such.

It was some sort of Bermuda blend, but no bluegrass in CWS. Not the best to play on anyway.

taking out the bluegrass? that's a shame, really. it's the bluegrass state, for god's sake!

plus that artificial **** gives you cancer

Naw, it's gonna be nice. New press and luxury boxes up top, recruiting room in the end zone, new locker rooms, façade and concourse upgrades. $114M worth, in fact.

The New CWS | The New CWS

Glad to see about the new luxury boxes. I swear the old ones looked like someone had put a bunch of Clayton mobile homes on top of your stadium. I'm pretty sure you could see wheels hanging off the back of the stadium!!:)

LOL, yeah, they are not pretty. Not sure if they'll be removed but hopefully pretty-fied.

And not to complain, but those window air conditioners hanging out the side of Neyland...makes our double-wide luxury boxes not feel so ghetto! :p

Glad to see about the new luxury boxes. I swear the old ones looked like someone had put a bunch of Clayton mobile homes on top of your stadium. I'm pretty sure you could see wheels hanging off the back of the stadium!!:)

Wonder why they couldn't be creative and install blue turf in their stadium like Boise State's? It would make it look somewhat cool IMO.

LOL, yeah, they are not pretty. Not sure if they'll be removed but hopefully pretty-fied.

And not to complain, but those window air conditioners hanging out the side of Neyland...makes our double-wide luxury boxes not feel so ghetto! :p

Ouch!

Never noticed. We are used to watching football games at Neyland Stadium.

Do you cat fans not know the answer? I could not find seating cap in your links. Maybe I missed it...

61K, per the newcws site. So, we lose some seats. Haven't had many sellouts in the last few years, so let's create some artificial demand by reducing seating....

VN Store

Back