Andrew Harrison - Post Game

dhb92

So I hadn't seen a thread on this but what will come of Harrison's outburst during the UK post-game interviews? While the statement wasn't racially charged it still was unsavory and is clearly unacceptable. Although at this point what can you do to a guy that's going to be in the NBA next year?

Scroll back in all of the Kentucky threads. It's been discussed ad nauseum.

I'll summarize the discussion:

"Did you hear what Andrew Harrison said post-game?"
"What an idiot! He must be a racist!"
"Well, he IS black, so he gets to use that word."
"You're a racist for suggesting that too!"

Most agree in the end that while a stupid thing to say, he did apologize, and pro scouts agree that it will not affect his draft status per articles that came out today. Finally, most reasonable people agree that although a stupid and vulgar comment, it was certainly not intended in a racist manner.

My apologies for being so curt in the previous post. It certainly beats nosing through the garbage that has become of the Kentucky thread that was re-named by some mod in rather trollish fashion.

Reactions: 1 person
Nothing will come of it and nothing should. My problem is the double standard that is obvious. A white kid says that even in jest like that and it's a huge deal. Kids make mistakes tho and in the end it's really not a big deal the problem I have is with the double standard in society.

Reactions: 5 people
Besides the double standard thing, I have a huge problem with people referring to him as a kid. Sure he is likely immature ( hence his antics), but he shouldn't be given a pass while referring to him as a kid. At what age do we stop with this?

Besides the double standard thing, I have a huge problem with people referring to him as a kid. Sure he is likely immature ( hence his antics), but he shouldn't be given a pass while referring to him as a kid. At what age do we stop with this?

He's like 19 or 20. You don't give any age a pass, but I'd still call him a kid.

Stupid and immature decision. But the kid can't even drink yet so let's back off his jock a bit. He should get some kind of punishment for it... Not for the word, but for saying it in front of a live mike. You've got to be smarter. Suspend him for the opening exhibition against the local high school team or whatever summer trip game they do and be done with it.

Scroll back in all of the Kentucky threads. It's been discussed ad nauseum.

I'll summarize the discussion:

"Did you hear what Andrew Harrison said post-game?"
"What an idiot! He must be a racist!"
"Well, he IS black, so he gets to use that word."
"You're a racist for suggesting that too!"

Most agree in the end that while a stupid thing to say, he did apologize, and pro scouts agree that it will not affect his draft status per articles that came out today. Finally, most reasonable people agree that although a stupid and vulgar comment, it was certainly not intended in a racist manner.

So it's ok to use that word as long as you do not have racist intentions?

So I hadn't seen a thread on this but what will come of Harrison's outburst during the UK post-game interviews? While the statement wasn't racially charged it still was unsavory and is clearly unacceptable. Although at this point what can you do to a guy that's going to be in the NBA next year?

If Kaminsky had been caught saying the exact same thing about Harrison, he'd be suspended for tonight's game, assuming that they didn't just make Wisconsin forfeit altogether. No apology would be good enough.

There would be wall to wall discussions and "Special Reports" running on ESPN pre-empting regularly scheduled programming. The discussion would focus on how Wisconsin's basketball program should be punished/sanctioned and how many scholarships they should forfeit. Bo Ryan would be brought into it, they'd question his leadership and attempt to uncover anything they could on him that might explain the racist culture that he fosters there. They would also attempt to turn Kaminsky's world upside down and they would be questioning which of the other "white boys" on Wisconsin's team were racist...assuming they didn't just declare they all were.

Additionally, the University of Wisconsin's AD, Chancellor and President would have already issued public statements condemning Frank Kaminsky and his unforgivable intentionally racist and derisive statements. Also, Kaminsky's professional career would very much be in jeopardy.

Oh yeah, Obama, Holder, Sharpton, et al would be on the warpath vs the state of Wisconsin, Governor Scott Walker, the University and Kaminsky with mob-inciting comments. They would also have their rent-mobs in both Indianapolis and
Madison wreaking havoc, burning things and threatening complete civil unrest in both cities.

I'm certain I've omitted other "strategies" that all the media and politicians would have already put in motion, but make no mistake, everything I just wrote, at a minimum, would have/be happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people

I don't think he did have racist intentions obviously. Obviously on the street you hear white and black people both use it, in a non-racist way. But in the media, it doesn't matter, it's a terrible word. Either way, it's stupid to use. And extremely dumb when I mic is in your face.

If you're black you can pretty much say anything, racist intentions or not. If you're white, you can forget about and all media and every politician will do everything they can to ruin your life. Just the way it is.

I don't think he did have racist intentions obviously. Obviously on the street you hear white and black people both use it, in a non-racist way. But in the media, it doesn't matter, it's a terrible word. Either way, it's stupid to use. And extremely dumb when I mic is in your face.

I think Harrison is bigoted...he just had the good judgment not to say "cracker" "honkey" or "white boy"...I don't think he could have gotten away with that regardless of being black and getting a "pass".

KBVol...

There may be (notice I said MAY) a few minor exaggerations in your post above. With that said… The overwhelming majority of it is, very sadly, spot on.

KBVol...

There may be (notice I said MAY) a few minor exaggerations in your post above. With that said… The overwhelming majority of it is, very sadly, spot on.

I actually think I left a few things out. I would also expect that Wisconsin's far-left faculty would get involved, calling for Kaminsky to be expelled from the University and be prosecuted for hate speech. I imagine they would also call for investigations into Bo Ryan, the AD and athletic department as a whole.

If Kaminsky had been caught saying the exact same thing about Harrison, he'd be suspended for tonight's game, assuming that they didn't just make Wisconsin forfeit altogether. No apology would be good enough.

There would be wall to wall discussions and "Special Reports" running on ESPN pre-empting regularly scheduled programming. The discussion would focus on how Wisconsin's basketball program should be punished/sanctioned and how many scholarships they should forfeit. Bo Ryan would be brought into it, they'd question his leadership and attempt to uncover anything they could on him that might explain the racist culture that he fosters there. They would also attempt to turn Kaminsky's world upside down and they would be questioning which of the other "white boys" on Wisconsin's team were racist...assuming they didn't just declare they all were.

Additionally, the University of Wisconsin's AD, Chancellor and President would have already issued public statements condemning Frank Kaminsky and his unforgivable intentionally racist and derisive statements. Also, Kaminsky's professional career would very much be in jeopardy.

Oh yeah, Obama, Holder, Sharpton, et al would be on the warpath vs the state of Wisconsin, Governor Scott Walker, the University and Kaminsky with mob-inciting comments. They would also have their rent-mobs in both Indianapolis and
Madison wreaking havoc, burning things and threatening complete civil unrest in both cities.

I'm certain I've omitted other "strategies" that all the media and politicians would have already put in motion, but make no mistake, everything I just wrote, at a minimum, would have/be happening.

A lot of speculation in this.

A lot of speculation in this.

Are you kidding? I'm basing it off of situations that have already happened. Think Duke Lacrosse and other "race-fueled" situations that have already occurred. The template is set and the activists are ready to pounce. It's sad, but it's true.

Are you kidding? I'm basing it off of situations that have already happened. Think Duke Lacrosse and other "race-fueled" situations that have already occurred. The template is set and the activists are ready to pounce. It's sad, but it's true.

Duke lacrosse was a group accused of rape, that's a bit different than a comment, and I'm not defending him.

I actually think I left a few things out. I would also expect that Wisconsin's far-left faculty would get involved, calling for Kaminsky to be expelled from the University and be prosecuted for hate speech. I imagine they would also call for investigations into Bo Ryan, the AD and athletic department as a whole.

Yeah with Harrison it's almost instantly dismissed, as he's just a "kid".

Kaminsky's (and this is not an exaggeration in the least) life would be completely ruined. He would instantly turn into the most disliked person in America (Once again... Not an exaggeratin)

In fact… I actually wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Kaminsky was coached/advised by the University in how he needed to respond. I'm sure the race baiters were patiently awaiting his response in hopes they could find a way to turn it around on him. If he would've did anything besides just dismiss it, four instance respond with any type of verbal retaliation, he instantly would've become the bad guy in the story.

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah the thing is, Kaminksy is obviously white. Of course it would be a bigger deal if Kaminksy said it about Harrison. Use some common sense.

Duke lacrosse was a group accused of rape, that's a bit different than a comment, and I'm not defending him.

Doesn't matter. There was never a shred of evidence in the Duke lacrosse case, yet they shut the lacrosse program down, fired the coach, and ran the kids off and they were completely innocent. It's the politics of it. It doesn't matter if it's 1 of 50 players involved, it's the political opportunity. You're being very naieve imo if you think all hell wouldn't be breaking loose right now.

Yeah the thing is, Kaminksy is obviously white. Of course it would be a bigger deal if Kaminksy said it about Harrison. Use some common sense.

So one kid can say "F you ni***" and it's no big deal, nothing to see here. Another can say the same thing and all hell should've rightfully broken loose? Btw, I can assure you absolutely nothing would've been different if Harrison wouldve said "F that cracker/honkey/white boy"....nothing. And you know it.

So one kid can say "F you ni***" and it's no big deal, nothing to see here. Another can say the same thing and all hell should've rightfully broken loose? Btw, I can assure you absolutely nothing would've been different if Harrison wouldve said "F that cracker/honkey/white boy"....nothing. And you know it.

White bread imo

VN Store

Back