Avery Johnson to Alabama

Well, I didn't expect that.

That's a great hire. The SEC has really improved it's quality with the most recent coach hirings.

Don't think you can tell if it's a good hire or not

Coaching pro and college is very different

Will be very interesting to see though

Reactions: 3 people

Recruits will love him. He will pitch his NBA experience as a player and coach, and that will be enough to bring in some big time talent.

Reactions: 2 people

He will need to hire a recruiter who has ties with the high school coaches.
He is a bit removed from that world.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. They've might have just gotten a homerun hire if he's able to recruit. I think he's a high character guy and probably a pretty great coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol. Alabama went with name alone on this one. If Avery was a good coach, he would still be coaching in the NBA

Wow! The more I think about it, this is a homerun hire. Damn, he will have them ballin. But hopefully he will go back to the league.

Lol. Alabama went with name alone on this one. If Avery was a good coach, he would still be coaching in the NBA

Coach with one Western Conference championship, and a bunch of mediocre years. Currently in broadcasting, no college ties.

The basketball Gruden

I won't be surprised if Pinkins reaches out to him.

Last edited:
I don't see this hire working out too well. I guess it could be argued that his NBA ties could help with recruiting, however, I still think Bama will regret this decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The thread so nice we started it twice.

OT: I don't see this working out. Prohm would've been a better college hire imo.

homerun hire? pros and college real different, and how is he gonna like recruiting? hope he flops,,,I hate bammer..............and love Wisconson!!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back