UK loss

cwbytruckers

How many guys you think jump to the NBA? If you like them or not. Their run this year was impressive. There is no way that team looks that good next year. Harrison twins and Stein for sure are gone. I'm guessing they lose half their team.

When you look at the history books for this year, Tennessee will not have won a National Championship in Basketball.

NIETHER DID KENTUCKY.

Reactions: 5 people
How many guys you think jump to the NBA? If you like them or not. Their run this year was impressive. There is no way that team looks that good next year. Harrison twins and Stein for sure are gone. I'm guessing they lose half their team.

Have you been paying attention to the Calipari model the past several years?

Reactions: 2 people
Have you been paying attention to the Calipari model the past several years?

Explain your question. It makes no sense. Has nothing to do with recruiting. Has nothing to do with who comes in next year. If half these guys leave. No guarantee the next group is better. This team has more than freshman talent. Maryland has the best big man committed for next season. And they are already being talked about as next years favorite.

They lost this game because of Cals last minute coaching. UK had this hard fought game won until Cal tried to be like Coach K and do the 4 corners. That is not this teams style and it messed up the game for them. Besides that they would be in the finals.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea. Pay out, load up, under achieve.

4/6 Final Fours. Not sure how that's underachieving. Duke losing to Mercer/Lehigh might fit under that label better. So far, knock on wood, Cal has been very consistent in the tourney/

They lost this game because of Cals last minute coaching. UK had this hard fought game won until Cal tried to be like Coach K and do the 4 corners. That is not this teams style and it messed up the game for them. Besides that they would be in the finals.
I know right! There are right at four minutes left, a four point lead and he's going into a four corner offense. WTH? Maybe it's all about a new 4-4-4 philosophy.

Edit after post: Actually Dean Smith invented the 4 corner offense. Well Neal Baisi invented it in the 50's but Dean Smith popularized it in the 60's.

Last edited:
When you look at the history books for this year, Tennessee will not have won a National Championship in Basketball.

NIETHER DID KENTUCKY.

That's a FACT! They will be remembered for being overwhelming favorites to win it all, but instead got SCHOOLED by the boys from Wisconsin......... :eek:lol:

Lost it because they went to 4 corners. HMM. Maybe Wisconsin is just as good as Kentucky. They were forcing Kentucky to use the shot clock. Not getting the easy lobs. Easy put backs. Wisconsin is one of the best teams I've seen in a long time. They play as a team. They rarely get rattled. And all five starters can score. Pressure could have played a key on this team. Wisconsin had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Bottom line. Damn good game. Should have been the for the title. Not a semifinals match.

Like your response. I swear some of you people see certain people comment and you have to kiss up to that person like their words are made of gold.

I'm not a butt kisser, just a straight shooter, I call them as I see them regardless of the poster. But, I really appreciate your concern and intrest.

That's a FACT! They will be remembered for being overwhelming favorites to win it all, but instead got SCHOOLED by the boys from Wisconsin......... :eek:lol:

Out coached and out hustled! But, who's counting they lost to inferior players.

Sadly talent doesn't give wins. Not the UCLA era anymore. Need a mix of experience/talent/coaching. Which UK sucked in 2/3 last night.

UK had overwhelming talent last night, and enough experience to get the win, they were just simply outmatched from a coaching standpoint. Cal is a great recruiter but not an elite coach. Last night proved that much. If you can't win it all with that roster then what roster do you need to win it all with?

Last edited:

Whereas you guys are remembered for having your men's home court named after the women's coach. Lots of rich history and tradition there for you to lean on as you talk ****.

Whereas you guys are remembered for having your men's home court named after the women's coach. Lots of rich history and tradition there for you to lean on as you talk ****.

And yet you are a rival who posts here on a religious basis for some reason

UK has plenty of experience. They were outcoached. No reason they couldnt have dominated that team.

Dominate is a strong word. But I agree with you, Kentucky should have solidly handled Wisconsin. There were literally 4 plays where guys just turned their head on D to let a guy pop out wide open for 3's.

Yet today they announce he is going to the HOF and is named coach of the year -- he should have took a page from Bob Knight -- got an early T and worked the refs early

VN Store

Back