Per ESPN

His wife must have gotten a pretty nice job at Texas....cause she was in the administration at VCU if I remember correctly

Reactions: 1 person
His wife may like Austin, who wouldn't--but she will not like texas generally. I would bet on that.

Can Austin handle two head coaches of color? Somewhere a few "good ole boy booster's" heads are about to explode.

I'll take Austin over Richmond every single day of the year. Especially where VCU is located in Richmond.

Reactions: 2 people
They may like Austin. But I guarantee they will hate the traffic
Austin rush hour is horrendous.

Richmond is no where near Austin traffic wise, but I am sure they are used to planning around or dealing with traffic. Richmond is terrible to drive through most any hour. Rush hour near VCU is a giant s-show.

Last edited:
I have been in every major city in this great country. And I can honestly say. Every city has its moments. But for some reason Austin day or night. Weekday or weekend. That place just sucks for driving through. Richmond can be a nightmare as well. And I would say in another 10 years they better have a plan. Traffic continues to get worse on 95. And if they ever decide to make 95 a toll road through Virginia. Look out. Parking lot it will be.

Can Austin handle two head coaches of color? Somewhere a few "good ole boy booster's" heads are about to explode.

Texas is far more progressive than Tennessee in that matter.

Has there been a person of color to coach at UTK in football or basketball other than the Cuonz?

I might be wrong but wasn't there some older Texas booster or boosters that said something racist about Strong after he was hired.

Glad for him. He will get more of a challenge. VCU was an automatic tourney team every year.

Texas is far more progressive than Tennessee in that matter.

Has there been a person of color to coach at UTK in football or basketball other than the Cuonz?

Wade Houston was one of the first persons of color to coach in the SEC.

Lester McClain was the first AA football player to play in the SEC and Condredge Holloway was the first AA QB to play in the SEC. What is your point?

Reactions: 5 people
I have been in every major city in this great country. And I can honestly say. Every city has its moments. But for some reason Austin day or night. Weekday or weekend. That place just sucks for driving through. Richmond can be a nightmare as well. And I would say in another 10 years they better have a plan. Traffic continues to get worse on 95. And if they ever decide to make 95 a toll road through Virginia. Look out. Parking lot it will be.

Greater Austin area is just under 2 million people and the highway infrastructure hasn't changed much since it was under a million.

Top 5 worst rush hour commute in the country and I-35 is always stop and go. It's a problem in an otherwise great city.

Greater Austin area is just under 2 million people and the highway infrastructure hasn't changed much since it was under a million.

Top 5 worst rush hour commute in the country and I-35 is always stop and go. It's a problem in an otherwise great city.

I'll still take that over working beside Richmond's Church Hill district. A coach's job isn't 9-5. Even if it were, I choose staring at standstill traffic over a Glock.

VN Store

Back